Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
I have a Bailey AA 765.
Yesterday whilst out I got a puncture ,whilst trying to remove the spare wheel I have broken the end off of the cable in the mechanism.
My fault as I tried the undo the nut retaining the wheel underneath, because I couldn't find the tool to do the lowering fthrough the inspection hatch inside the van.
My question is does anyone know where I can get a replacement ,I know that Bailey could supplie one but at their prices I would need another mortgage .

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
You don't mention which base vehicle you have but I have just purchased one for my Fiat based M/H via eBay, link .

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
You could try a small "Lifting gear" unit,a lot of them do "Wire cable, rope etc and if you take the old one in,they will knock you up another. If you are worried about safety,a lot of these same units do testing of cables/chains etc so they can be certificated for another years work,so they are not amateurs. "Yellow Pages? Best of luck
Tea Bag

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Melvin

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
Thanks for replies ,should of said its a Peugeot ,it looks like aftermarket type ,nothing like the Alko or the Fiat that I've found when searching.
Tea bag. I'll look into that idea ,thanks.
Trying to post pics

Attachments

• IMG_1557.JPG
    IMG_1557.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 23

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread