Spare wheel carrier For ixeo 585

Discussion in 'Burstner' started by autosleepers, Aug 14, 2015.

1. autosleepers

autosleepers Funster

I am not very happy with the emergency tyre repair kits supplied with Motorhomes these days. In some cases they probably would not be up to the task of repairing a damaged tyre.
    Most of my touring is done abroad and the idea of being stuck half way up a mountain or in some remote area with no means of repair is not very appealing.

I would therefore like to fix a spare wheel carrier.

I have asked Beurstner but they were unable to recommend anything and suggested that I talk to my local Beurstner dealer, which I will do sometime in the near future however I was wondering if anyone else has already done it. The motorhome is an ixeo 585 (2011 Fiat Ducato).

Thanks

2. abforfun

abforfun Funster

Hi we have just brought a 590 ixeo and have the same problem. The dealer came back to us and said it was not possible to fit a carrier as the water tanks are in the way
    so he sugested on the bike rack which is ok when we go to moroc but no good in france as we have the bikes
    So now what ?????

3. Razzo

Razzo

I have a Ixeo 664 and there was sufficient room behind the waste tank to fit a Wheel. I bought the fiat wheel carrier off ebay and made up the brackets my self to carry it inbetween the rear Burstner chassis. Techno is to thanked for his info on this refer http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/alko-diy-wheel-carrier.63164/
    The 590 no doubt is shorter. Do you have the space for the wheel between the tank and the rear chassis cross member?

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  4. abforfun

abforfun Funster

Hi will check this out when we pick up the van on wed