spare parts for my dads 1989 swift kontiki motorhome (1 Viewer)

donna28

Free Member
Oct 31, 2012
lee-on-the-solent
Funster No
MH
my dad has one
Exp
my dad bout 20 years
hi i dont know how this works but my dads in need of second hand spare parts for his 1989 swift kontiki motorhome he needs 3 good wheels and a brown tinted side sliding window asap my dads swift kontiki is his pride and joy and without these parts it wont pass its m.o.t so please any advice or help we would be sooooo greatful

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Spares

Hi donna28

Dont know about the wheels needed as you didn't specify make of chassis but I had a similar problem with tinted window when road gritter pebble-dashed and broke my plastic Bofours side window .If your dad has windscreen cover on his Insurance you may find he is covered ,as I was with Auto-glass Via my insurance(but read the small print)as if you go to Auto-glass direct Max £100 cover .Via your insurance unlimited but £750 per window!
In my case They couldn`t source the window (being a 1989 model)so found firm up in Halifax which I believe was eco windows,Mine was removed and a I made a plywood blank then covered in crash-film by fitter. window was sent off by Auto-glass ,used as a template and a new one made -returned and fitted total cost to me £50 (windscreen cover)
You may also try Rose & Company (Hull) Ltd.
Unit 1 Nordic Buisness Park
Oslo Road
Sutton Fields Industrial Estate
Hull
HU7 0YN
Tel: 01482 328 231
Fax: 01482 213 069
e-mail: info@roseandcompany.co.uk
I have used these in the past very helpful in fact they told me of the Halifax company May be helpful to you and good luck
:welcomefunster:
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/members/donna28-23507.html

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi .side window wont fail mot .and whats a matter with the wheels . sure you dont just mean he needfs tyres .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
wheels are easy to find at virtually any comercial vehicle breakers

side windows, either use the company suggested above or Link Removed