spare part needed for old hymer!!! (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I need a heater rheostat for my 1993 hymer - on a fiat chassis.
my local fiat dealer cannot help as it is an imort and he cannot get many spares for it, definetly the rheostat. Anyone know who I could try for this?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
are we takling about the speed controler for the Cab heater if so i might have some info

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Yes that's the one.
Only blows on full power - we have confirmed it's a faulty rheostat (we fit loads to customers vehicles) but cannot get one anywhere?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

Starman

Deleted User
Well i have a used spare one, as i had same prob on my 99 model Hobby, & i managed to pick 2 up from my local scrappy, you can have it if it's the same as yours, can you post a photo of it to me at jeanie01@hotmail.co.uk the 1 i have measures 115mm x 40mm inc. the 2 screw mounting holes with a 4 pin lucas connector built in, serial num 101930100 B837 I'm sat here looking at it

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Yes that's the one.
Only blows on full power - we have confirmed it's a faulty rheostat (we fit loads to customers vehicles) but cannot get one anywhere?
then you will know there about £50 ish if your stuck the parts can be bought and soldered in for a few pence (Maplins):thumb:
Geo
And before the customers go jumping up and down
Factor in the cost of sending someone to maplins and the labour in repairing it would cost you more than the new replacment but gets you out of a fix

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back