Spanner in the Works

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Incamania, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Incamania

Incamania Funster

:cry:
    Does anyone know how to delete the spanner service logo from the speedo screen please?
    The procedure in the handbook is known to be incorrect but I can't seem to locate the fix.
    My van is based on the Peugeot '05' 2.8 Hdi chassis, which I'm told is really a Fiat. Does this alter things?
    The van is not due a service until November - by either mileage or time.
    Thanks in advance
    Brian.

2. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Just did my service sooo

here ya go.. :thumb:

Switch Ign on (do not start engine)
    Set Odometer to read total miles.
    Press Odometer Button (OB) until CFG1 appears in display
    Release the OB.
    Pressing the OB briefly will change between CFG1, CFG2, CFG3, CFG1
    Once you have selected the CFG (see below).
    Press the OB again for 5secs to store the new service frequency.
    Turn off the ignition.

I selected CFG1 for my vehicle (05 Reg 2.8JTD), but you must decide yourself for your vehicle, should take 5mins to read this and carry out the resetting procedure

Note: If your vehicle is under warranty and you take it to be serviced by a Fiat dealer they will do this as part of the service.

CFG1 = 30000km (18,600mi) and 365 days in cases of Standard Use for 2.0 petrol and 2.8JTD versions, or in the case of Severe Use for the 2.3JTD versions.

CFG2 = 20000km (12,500mi) and 365 days in case of Standard Use for 2.0JTD versions, or in case of severe use for 2.0 petrol and 2.8JTD versions

CFG3 = 15000km (9,300mi) and 365 days in case of Severe Use for 2.0JTD versions.

3. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Is this what you asking for

Step-by-step:
    Peugeot 2006
    Instructions
    Shut off your Peugeot 206's engine and ensure the ignition switch is in the "OFF" position.

Hold the small "Reset" button located below the speedometer gauge.

Continue holding the "Reset" button while switching the ignition to the "ON" position.

Release the "Reset" button until the "Spanner" indicator light on your instrument cluster turns off. The display screen on your instrument cluster should also read "0" after successfully resetting the service light.

Click on this link and scroll down to Peugeot

http://www.scribd.com/doc/62484156/Service-Light-Reset

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  4. wolly

wolly Read Only Funster

hi brian switch on the ignition.press the trip button for 10 seconds.press briefly on trip button to select the disired configuration for your vehicle exampel cfg 20 000.miles or 1 year.or cfg 12 000 miles or 1 year.press again for 10 seconds on trip button to memorise the maintenance frequency switch of ignition.hope this helps you.brian