Spanish tolls (1 Viewer)

olivesrockstar3

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
devon
Funster No
Exp
Hello,can anybody help with the cost of tolls do they charge extra for a motorhome?also approx cost for trip from santender to barcelona.
thanks Steve

garfield

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
North west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
40yrs
It does cost I think that is why you have had no reply as yet. I am in France at the min and I am avoiding the tolls if I can. Took a wrong turn and drove on a toll road by mistake 10 or 12 mile 9 Euro. Spain is just as bad. From memory the free road from Santander to the Med not that bad

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
To get down to Barcelona you can do it with out going on the toll roads I think that there is only one bit you have to go on but its only 6euro,s i think, the same as a car. Hope this helps Bring some warm cloths its still a bit cold and wet here near Alicante.:thumb:

lavieyuca

Free Member
Jul 22, 2009
North of Spain
Funster No
Exp
Hello,can anybody help with the cost of tolls do they charge extra for a motorhome?also approx cost for trip from santender to barcelona.
thanks Steve

It depends on how your motorhome is. You pay class 1, as same as a car, if you've got simple wheel. If you 've got double wheel you have to pay class 2.

Look at this link Link Removed you are going to drive by AP-68, AP-2, and probably C-32.

Good bye, Yoli

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
We had to pay extra on toll roads between Bilbao and Genoa, (from west coast to east coast).

It was expensive and we could have easily travelled on non toll roads. We didnt know this at the time but we were in a bit of a hurry and would have travelled on toll roads anyway.

It took one day to make the journey, just how long it would have taken on non toll roads I dont know but it would have been a lot cheaper and a lot longer although more interesting I would think.

This was a two week summer holiday and so the extra cost wasn't an issue.

Jim
:Smile:

Edit: The toll roads were excellent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mick H

Free Member
Oct 13, 2007
Near Leicester
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
30 yrs
We don't normally use toll roads, but were quite surprised last year when we had to return to the UK in a rush, and chose to go by Spanish motorways.
Can't remember the cost, but It certainly gave me food for thought, in that there was a saving in diesel that probably covered the toll charges.

This wasn't the case in France, I hasten to add, especially around the French/Spanish border, so we reverted to Routes National, in the main. I think that some of the toll booths in this area charged us at a higher rate, although we are not above 3500 in weight.

Mick H.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
You will want the A8,A68,A2,A7 if using motorway/toll roads. The last time i used that route i only used part of it as i came from mora d'ebre so only came on on the A68 when returning to the port we were in a minibus and from memory i think we paid in the region of €25 for the part of the route we drove, but that was 3 years ago. I have no idea if the charges have increased ( i would asume they have). It is a good duel carriageway/mororway and i think there were 2 toll booths that we hit one just as the A68 changes from the A8 and one around the Zaragoza area. We joined the motorway at Fraga where the A2 becomes the A68.
Also bearing in mind that €25 now practically = £25, 3 years ago that would of been around £18

Last edited:

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Okay, a Google search managed to locate an AA web site for cars & caravans for Spain, but try as I might can I find one for our motor home towing a car, picking next weeks Lottery numbers is easier :Smile:

The French toll system class our out fit as a Class 4, what is it with Spain?

Mick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
My A class here on the toll roads i use is the same price as the car:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.