Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
This puts me off travelling to Spain, which is a shame. I'm not sure I want the worry of picking up a £500 fine for doing 21kph in a 20 kph zone

Broken Link Removed

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
You must do what you think is best of course but I try not to make judgements affecting my life based on a magazine/newspaper.

Whilst Spain is not my favourite country I have had to drive there many, many, many times and have never had any trouble with speeding fines.

Gentle use of my right foot helps...

Much, much, much higher chance of getting a ticket in Blighty.

JJ :Cool:

(PS. Just read the article rather than glimpsing it... scaremongering rubbish typical of the low quality reporting in the media these days.)

Last edited:

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
This puts me off travelling to Spain, which is a shame. I'm not sure I want the worry of picking up a £500 fine for doing 21kph in a 20 kph zone

Broken Link Removed

Worry not mate, what is written, doesn't happen in Spain. Perhaps look at the new suggested fines coming soon to the UK, then you will feel fine in Spain. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
"Another crucial component of the change in the law is that the Spanish police won’t need to stop a vehicle to have sufficient evidence to prosecute – if the Spanish police witness a motoring offence, then their record of the vehicle's registration plate will be enough"

That sounds dodgy too !!!
My guess is there will be a few disgruntled and rightfully so Europian drivers getting fleeced by these new laws :Angry:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
if the limit is 20 then do 20 job done

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I got a stupid mate who was doing 200 kms in France recently.....they fine him on the spot 1000 euros and took his licence.....it seems it will be forwarded back to him in 3 months.......

They were going to take his car if he did not produce the fine on the spot i.e. at the nearest bank which they took him to...

Last edited:

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
"Another crucial component of the change in the law is that the Spanish police won’t need to stop a vehicle to have sufficient evidence to prosecute – if the Spanish police witness a motoring offence, then their record of the vehicle's registration plate will be enough"

My guess is there will be a few disgruntled and rightfully so Europian drivers getting fleeced by these new laws :Angry:

Check it out in the UK, been able to record offence on moving vehicle for over 50years, so Spain are just bringing it in......Wow!

Goodness me stop worrying you guys, Spain is (Vehicle wise) as "safe" as any other country. :thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

Is it only the rotten Johnny Foreigner police that sound dodgy to you or do you have the same concerns in Blighty?

Do the police stop you after those UK speeding cameras take your picture?

Last edited:

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
if the limit is 20 then do 20 job done

I agree, but as you know the web and newspapers have the headlines, the truth is that the 20 limit will only be in some villages through out Spain, just like the speed limit around schools in the UK.....you know....the one some people don't pay any attention to.

I say again.....calm down dear! (Michael Winner) ::bigsmile:

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
If you have targets to meet, and no need to prove your word, and your government is short of cash, and you will not have to face the motorist and can hide behind orders and foreign bureaucracy what is the likely outcome?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Johnny Foreigner... evil, corrupt low lifes out to cheat decent, upright Brits who won the war don't you know and are doing them a favour by visiting their country and spending money in their traditional businesses buying all English breakfasts and pints of lager and Guinness... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh PLEASE....

dickieo

Free Member
Oct 12, 2012
Cantoria . Spain .
Funster No
MH
Coach Built .
Exp
Two Years ...
I Have lived here in Spain for 4 years now , On the motorways it is , i am sorry to say the british reg cars / motorhomes that seem to think that the speed limits do not apply to them , when they get an on the spot fine they moan and groan about it . the answer is so simple Obey the Law in the country you are driving in !!.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
well at least the less ppl heading for spain the more pitches to go round :Smile:

dickieo

Free Member
Oct 12, 2012
Cantoria . Spain .
Funster No
MH
Coach Built .
Exp
Two Years ...

Broken Link Removed

The 20.kph limit is to be set by the local town halls , in and around schools if it is required , the fines quoted are the maximum , so i would not worry to much . The Spanish Police are far more tolerant than the UK police . i have been stopped for speeding , 50 euros , ticket issued .paid at the post office .

May be Mr Loophole is a bit skint . lol

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
I agree keep to the set limits home and abroad, We have a 20MPH limit on our Estate and it's much safer and up around the School at the top, BUT 20KPH is 12 MPH Roughly and trying to do that in a Motorhome may be a bit difficult. Pete

Ps
The only time I got done for speeding was in 1971 I was going along in a stream of traffic in Ashton under Lyne but they stopped me in the middle ?. :Angry:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
But the title say's "Spanish speeding" not Johnny Foreigner :winky:

What the Spanish do at home should remain at home:winky:

dickieo

Free Member
Oct 12, 2012
Cantoria . Spain .
Funster No
MH
Coach Built .
Exp
Two Years ...

Broken Link Removed

just been reading that up to 40 motorhomers could be fined up to £ 500 for overnight parking on a Lincolnshire beach .

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
My MH has a speed limiter so I just set it to whatever the speed limit is and know I can't go over it. It's a pity my car doesn't, that just has cruise control which is less useful. The low speed limits, like 20kph are very hard to keep to manually, as they feel very slow indeed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back