crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
can anyone tell me what roads are A roads and B roads in Spain, I can see the major motorways, just wondering what they call the other roads like we do in the U.K, " ie " B roads and minor roads numbers, just for planning purposes I want to stay of the toll and motorways, first MH trip into Spain, used to the motorway's got to get away from them

thanks in advance

crabs

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
in the mapamax its red,yellow ,white ,
just about all can have green next to them if its a nice scenery or country road.
we say avoid the motorways thats red either side of yellow usually.
you soon learn to just forget uk names , just red is busy ,,,yellow is nice , white is or can be like driving in cornwall or wales etc . and some of the roads with green on the white roads can have deep drops on one side . but lovely roads to drive on .
have fun , we do, just look out for low bridge signs etc
drive slow enjoy the journey.

Reactions: DBK

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Spanish roads on the whole tend to be excellent. If they're on a map and have a colour (red, brown or yellow) they are good for motorhomes. Even the ones marked in white can be OK, but then you get an odd one that doesn't measure up, but it is an odd one.

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
When you get we're you are going, local roads, roads in national parks etc. won't be tarmacked. A problem when you want to get away from the 'tourists'...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
crabman

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
thanks all for the info, VWAlan did tell me a while ago but I have the memory span of a gold fish :LOL:

Vic

Aug 1, 2010
Funster No
Went to northern Spain this year. The speed limits were confusing. More changes than the UK. The start of the limits were obvious, but when the limit changed was not so. Locals did not seem to care though.

OP
OP
crabman

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
been on the motorways in the truck years ago never been on the smaller roads so its a bit new to me, had some good advice from posters about the toll and main road that helps, thanks for your post

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back