Spanish postal system

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Welsh girl, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

Bl##dy Spanish postal system! !!!!
    We booked in for a week on a Spanish campsite to wait for an important letter to arrive.
    Daughter posted it on the 3rd March and paid special delivery with tracking.
    Hadn't come yesterday., reception says they don't deliver Saturdays.
    Have to book another week here now to get post when it stated it takes 2 or 3 days to get to Spain from my daughters in Crewe. Uk.
    Going top cost us another 90euro to stay here.
    We asked at reception could we come back on Monday to check the mail, she said no as we would then not be clients she would send the letter back to the post office and back to the UK.
    Is an important licence renewal form for Tez that really need retuning to DVLA so have to wait for it.
    Bl##dy receptionists as well! !!!!

2. Billy23

Billy23 Funster

You will find that if you post from Spain to the UK it will be in UK in about 2 days.....BUT if you send from the UK to Spain it is fairly normal that it will take up to a week. Nothing to do with the Spanish post, tis the other way. True to say that the Spanish post doesn't deliver post on a Saturday.

Have a nice week :Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  3. normanandsue

normanandsue Funster

Who says !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and what evidence is there to back up their assertion

4. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

Tracking number days is been in Spain in BARAJAS processed and waiting for delivery since Thursday.

5. dickieo

dickieo Read Only Funster

I have sent many forms , letters etc , Spain --uk about 3 days . U K to Spain normally a week .

6. Rob and Val

Rob and Val Funster

Same with Bermuda, where our son is working. Two days for correspondence Bermuda to UK. Up to two weeks UK to Bermuda. It just doesn't make sense.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Billy23

Billy23 Funster

Me says, ...back up....cos I have lived in Spain for 10 years!! Now I know that is only my experience, but have found in life that to give any answer to a question you have to use your experience and I thought that 10 years of posting back and forth, would be....shall we say....helpful.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::Smile:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

[HI]I say[/HI] as we live in Spain and I get post from UK to be signed all the time or normal post that takes 2/3 days first class and I live in a little village miles from large towns........
    It leaves UK and arrives within 48 hours in some cases next day. This I know is not the case across Spain, but most of the time it is the Post Office back in the UK that "cocks" up.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

The the fault is with the camp site you're staying at as they must have a collection system in place and THEY have NOT collected the mail....................:Eeek: