Spanish Gas. (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I have a large CEPSA 13kg i think which wont fit my new van (AUTOSLEEPER EXCELSIOR) Is it possible to purchase 6 kg bottles in Spain? Thanks in advance for your advice. BUSBY.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I may be wrong and it may have changed...

But when we lived there, the only way we could genuinly get any gas bottle was going to a "Butano" office with Paperwork :Angry:, Residencia, or Escitura (Deeds) of the property..

But when we have long wintered over there we have before now gone along to one of the Flea/car boot sales and bought an empty bottle for about 10 euros...

But that was for the size that fits in a standard Gas fire (Super Sur,Type), so may be too big.. :Sad:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Just re-read your post....... 6kg.... not sure on that one.. :RollEyes::sorry2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Resol do a plastic small bottle.

You would have to take out a contract and would say you need to have a gas check, I have never seen any sold at car boots ect.:Smile:

We have been told that the price is set for the large bottles, this year was €16.32, but the small bottles they can charge what they like. :whatthe:

Most people just stand the bottle outside the locker if it does not fit in it.::bigsmile: Bob.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I have a large CEPSA 13kg i think which wont fit my new van (AUTOSLEEPER EXCELSIOR) Is it possible to purchase 6 kg bottles in Spain? Thanks in advance for your advice. BUSBY.

We live in Spain ( currently in UK touring ) I have never seen a 6kg bottle, and as already stated you will need the correct docs to get a 11kg bottle. There are ways round this if you go to the "big" sites the Spanish owner might be able to take your old bottle and exchange it for the 11kg one ( we have seen this done )

We just change our system to Alugas 3 weeks ago and gave the Spanish bottle away at the weekend to a "funster" sorry.

OP
OP
B
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I have not got a contract but have been exchanging my Cepsa bottle without problem for seven years at Cepsa garages. The only smaller bottles i have seen are Repsol.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I have not got a contract but have been [HI]exchanging my Cepsa bottle without problem for seven years at Cepsa[/HI] garages. The only smaller bottles i have seen are Repsol.

You can exchange the bottle you have for another one thats not the problem. The problem is try getting a new bottle!!! without the correct documents.

G4OGE

Free Member
Apr 11, 2013
Northwich,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
Caravanning 30+ years
Mixed up

Silly me I thought you had eaten to many beans!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
While in Spain this this year we had a chap turn up on the site.. he charged € 16 for the gas and I had to pay a € 20 deposit. No paper work at all
But as I brought it home with me that is something I will not have a problem with next year !

Like others, apart from the Repsol one, I have never seen a small bottle :Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back