Spanish Gas.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by busby, May 15, 2013.

1. busby

busby Funster

I have a large CEPSA 13kg i think which wont fit my new van (AUTOSLEEPER EXCELSIOR) Is it possible to purchase 6 kg bottles in Spain? Thanks in advance for your advice. BUSBY.

2. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

I may be wrong and it may have changed...

But when we lived there, the only way we could genuinly get any gas bottle was going to a "Butano" office with Paperwork :Angry:, Residencia, or Escitura (Deeds) of the property..

But when we have long wintered over there we have before now gone along to one of the Flea/car boot sales and bought an empty bottle for about 10 euros...

But that was for the size that fits in a standard Gas fire (Super Sur,Type), so may be too big.. :Sad:

3. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

Just re-read your post....... 6kg.... not sure on that one.. :RollEyes::sorry2:

4. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Hi Resol do a plastic small bottle.

http://www.repsol.com/es_en/product...iculares/te-aconsejamos/productos/bombona-k6/

You would have to take out a contract and would say you need to have a gas check, I have never seen any sold at car boots ect.:Smile:

We have been told that the price is set for the large bottles, this year was €16.32, but the small bottles they can charge what they like. :Eek!:

Most people just stand the bottle outside the locker if it does not fit in it.:BigGrin: Bob.

5. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

We live in Spain ( currently in UK touring ) I have never seen a 6kg bottle, and as already stated you will need the correct docs to get a 11kg bottle. There are ways round this if you go to the "big" sites the Spanish owner might be able to take your old bottle and exchange it for the 11kg one ( we have seen this done )

We just change our system to Alugas 3 weeks ago and gave the Spanish bottle away at the weekend to a "funster" sorry.

6. busby

busby Funster

I have not got a contract but have been exchanging my Cepsa bottle without problem for seven years at Cepsa garages. The only smaller bottles i have seen are Repsol.

7. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

You can exchange the bottle you have for another one thats not the problem. The problem is try getting a new bottle!!! without the correct documents.

8. voyagerstan

voyagerstan Read Only Funster

in spain over xmas mate went to cepsa garage and just picked one up (didnt nick it ) :Wink::Wink:

9. G4OGE

G4OGE

Mixed up

Silly me I thought you had eaten to many beans!!!!:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

10. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

While in Spain this this year we had a chap turn up on the site.. he charged € 16 for the gas and I had to pay a € 20 deposit. No paper work at all
    But as I brought it home with me that is something I will not have a problem with next year !

Like others, apart from the Repsol one, I have never seen a small bottle :Sad:

11. teddybard

teddybard Read Only Funster

Albondigas con Chorizo I find a good source of Spanish Gas.:Rofl1: