Free Member
Nov 21, 2009
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Liberty
Exp
since 2009
Made a lovely one pot meal last night based on an Asturian Fabada using tinned cannelli beans, smoked pimiento, mixed meats including morcilla, and veg.

Tonight its Mercadona's delicious pinchos, described as 100% Magro de Jamon, cooked on the Cadac and served with homemade oven chips and salad.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Carolyn

You have got me into trouble, Mrs ShiftZZ is interested and was asking if you have any pics?

I wonder is they have these in Aldi or do I have to run the gauntlet of Tesco's.. Ave vooze seenior demi kilo donkey a la choritzo poor favor, mucho grazias.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Deleted User
A similar Catalan dish is Lentejas using lentils instead of beans, usually has carrots and a few potatoes in it but basically throw in anything you fancy. A few pieces of chorizo has the same result as the smoked pimenton.

I have tried all sorts of beans over the years including the ridiculously expensive Asturian fabada beans, other than a slight difference in texture can't tell much difference, I use the jars all the time now.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Made a lovely one pot meal last night based on an Asturian Fabada using tinned cannelli beans, smoked pimiento, mixed meats including morcilla, and veg.

[HI]Tonight its Mercadona's[/HI] delicious pinchos, described as 100% Magro de Jamon, cooked on the Cadac and served with homemade oven chips and salad.

You have got me into trouble, [HI]Mrs ShiftZZ is interested and was asking if you have any pics?[/HI]

I wonder is they have these in Aldi or do I have to run the gauntlet of Tesco's.. Ave vooze seenior demi kilo donkey a la choritzo poor favor, mucho grazias.

mercadona.jpg

You have got me into trouble, Mrs ShiftZZ is interested and was asking if you have any pics?

Broken Link Removed

Senor Shifzz,

Sadly I cant help with the recipe but here is your requested Picture
Teddybard.

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I have tried all sorts of beans over the years including the ridiculously expensive Asturian fabada beans, other than a slight difference in texture can't tell much difference, I use the jars all the time now.

It was the difference in texture of the fabada beans that endeared me to the dish the first time I had it in Cangas.
Yes,they are ridiculously expensive-but I loves 'em ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back