Spanish Campsites with Satellite TV (1 Viewer)

unitedgirl

Free Member
Oct 27, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Good morning all.

Just wondered if anyone knew of any campsites in southern Spain (south of Valencia) where they have dishes one can connect to. A couple of sites in Alan Rogers are mentioned as having them, but one I know of when you get there it is actually just Spanish digital. We of course would have our own sky box with us.

Many thanks!

OP
OP
unitedgirl

unitedgirl

Free Member
Oct 27, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Is that camping Bahia de La Plata? I notice it says TV/SAT Antenna on the website but was pretty sure that was only Spanish digital?? Have you been there before?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scrapjack

Free Member
Jun 22, 2011
Andover, Hants.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7/8 years
Spanish sites with UK TV

Hi. Camping Almafra, which is close to Benidorm definitely has UK TV. Take a coax with a sky type connector at the plugging in end. El Raco is supposed to have and I will know when I get there in the New Year. Additionally, Vilajoyosa apparently has BBC but I don't know about ITV etc.
Every campsite I've emailed have answered any queries so you could try emailing a few sites you may fancy. Have a lovely time there. We are off to La Manga next month so am hoping the weather is better this Christmas than
when we last went away at Christmas a couple of years ago. Scrapjack

OP
OP
unitedgirl

unitedgirl

Free Member
Oct 27, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks Scrapjack and Salopian

I will check those out, we live in Mojacar but always go away in the "van" for Xmas, last year we were lucky that we had a neighbour who let us hook up to their big dish in Torremolinos, this year we fancy going north of where we live.

Weather is good at the moment here in southern Spain so let's hope it holds out for Xmas. We have been to La Manga camping a few times and it is a very well run site.

Salopian, not sure if you have been to Zahora before but the coastline is stunning, we usually head down that way for a break in May.:thumb:

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Benidorm

We're on camping Raco at the moment in benidorm and we have tv points on every pitch with the main English channels eg BBC itv and channel 5
a
Alan

scrapjack

Free Member
Jun 22, 2011
Andover, Hants.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7/8 years
UK TV in Spain

Hi Alan. Thanks for that about TV on the El Raco site. We're due there 8 Jan. When do you depart?
Regards Keith

OP
OP
unitedgirl

unitedgirl

Free Member
Oct 27, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thats brilliant!

Thanks Alan, will look to book a plot ready for December!:thumb:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hi. Camping Almafra, which is close to Benidorm definitely has UK TV. [HI]Take a coax with a sky type connector at the plugging in end[/HI].

Sorry---I have no idea what this mean :Sad: I am SERIOUSLY technically challenged (but hey, I can teach dyslexic kids to read :Smile:)

What should I take to connect up the TV? (pictures help_I am that bad!!)

wander

Free Member
Jul 29, 2011
Calpe, Alicante, Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
We live in Calpe on the Costa Blanca and need a 2.4metre dish, as far as I know the biggest available, to get UK TV. At the moment the atmospherics are upsetting the signal a bit so if you want to catch a critical part of your favourite soap or the last episode of Downton Abbey I'd advise setting the DVD recorder before you leave home!

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Raco Benidorm

Hi Scrap Jack and United Girl,

We've been spending winters or part winters on Raco for the past 9 winters and we expect to stay here untill at least untill the new year unless the weather turns pear shaped and its better elsewhere in Spain.

the tv conections on here are the ordinary tv conectors not satalite and you need a male connector on one end and female on the other but its no big deal if you hav'nt got one the camp shop sell every thing you need, or the local chinese shops have everything and they're usually cheaper.
Internet on the camp is 29 euros for 30 days I hope this is helpfull to any one thinking of Beni for he winter
Alan:thumb:

scrapjack

Free Member
Jun 22, 2011
Andover, Hants.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7/8 years
Spanish sites with UK TV

Hi Alan. Thanks for the additional info re the Wifi. Very useful.
Scrapjack:thumb:

OP
OP
unitedgirl

unitedgirl

Free Member
Oct 27, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks Alan

The wifi info is certainly helpful too.

We usually carry every type of cable under the sun so we should be able to connect to the TV, any other channels we can Sky + for when we get home.

Do you recommend booking a plot? We will problably be there for 2 or 3 weeks from around 15th Dec. Or in fact as we live only about 2 hours away we may come up the weekend before to settle in and then drive home for work for a few days then back, hmm I can feel a plan coming on.

One last thing (sorry - you will be asking for commission soon!) I take it dogs are allowed there?

Hope to bump into you over the festive period.

From a quite rainy Mojacar...:Sad:

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Raco

I personally wouldn't book but that's up to you,I think that they expect you to pay from the time you book as they had so many probs with people not turning up.It does get very busy but you can usually get a pitch ,when it's nearer the time I can let you know how many are vacant.
They accept dogs we have 2 and they don't charge extra for them but you will find the best prices are for 31 days.
Hope this helps from a rainy Benidorm
Alan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back