spainish weather

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by ukbill, Oct 1, 2012.

1. ukbill

ukbill Funster

in a bit of a conundrum off to spain for new year arriving around the 30th dec bu8t where is best for weather was going to go to near tarragona barcelona etc or do i go to alicante i have checked and it says the weather is around the same but i thought best ask the experts so here i am asking lol btw will be staying around 6 weeks

2. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

The further South the better ! I will be spending some time near to Malaga ! Last year the weather there was T shirts and shorts type of climate !:Cool::Cool::Cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

agree with salopian ..

Alicante is too far north .. the very best and driest winter climate is in the Almeria region .. but even there it can be cold and wet in the early part of the year, Jan / Feb ..

4. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

I know people do go near Barcelona but further south will be better..
    That time of year we always go Costa Blanca, mainly Benidorm if you like it lively and things to do... Costa Brava is a lot colder... brr...
    Cant comment on Costa del sol but it's on my list to be done soon...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  5. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Correct.

Listen to Snowbird, go to Agadir.

6. mikebeaches

mikebeaches Funster

I believe statistically, the Costa del Sol (Malaga) has more winter rainfall than the Costa Blanca, Costa Calida and Costa Almeria.

Statistically, Almeria is the driest - but, as has been mentioned, there is no guarantee of fine weather during mid-winter. However, the odds should be in your favour.

Certainly cooler and wetter on the Costa Brava and Costa Dorada than further south.

7. vwalan

vwalan Funster

almeria also as deep snow .you can be on a beach and see snow.hopefully heres a couple.
    actually the first isnt almeria . but the second is . you can almost see snow every day as you travl the coast .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  8. vwalan

vwalan Funster

it was near alicante that first one .here,s one overlooking alicante airport with snow on the hills in the back ground .

Attached Files:

9. sedge

sedge Funster

Slightly damp round Almeria at the moment. Horrifically so. :Eeek:

Interesting, I remember years ago ole David Bellamy on telly, on a donkey in the middle of nowhere around Cabo de Gata/Sierra de Gata somewhere (not a difficult place to find round there LOL) and describing the area as 'the only official desert in Europe'.

Wonder if the dried up riverbed, just La Canada/El Alqian/the Airport side of Almeria (which was on the old main road) is now awash? It was always rumoured that it had water in it during the winter.

10. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Also Morocco ..

RABAT - Two women and a teenage boy have died in flooding that has plagued Morocco over the past two days, authorities said on Saturday.

A 50-year-old woman, her daughter-in-law and the 14-year-old boy were swept away by flash flooding on Friday in the western region of Safi.

The younger woman was rescued, but later died in hospital in the Atlantic coastal city of Safi, southwest of Rabat.

The North African kingdom has been inundated by unseasonal rains and hit by heavy winds since Thursday.

In Agadir, south of Safi, authorities said more than 50 millimetres (about two inches) of rain have fallen since then, a fifth of normal annual precipitation.

And the highway linking Safi with Essaouira, further south, was closed to traffic because of the storms.

11. keith

keith Funster

There you go, all different opinions and no guarantees. Winter in Spain varies from area to area and we have stayed along the coast from N of Barcelona to SW Portugal and all can have bad weather in winter - and good weather too. :Cool:

Best is to go where you fancy and if it's crap move on, that's why you have a motorhome instead of a hotel. :thumb:

Last winter was the best for years so I guess we cannot expect the same this winter. :Doh:

• Like Like x 5
  12. ehuplad

ehuplad Read Only Funster

We can Keith, and we do :BigGrin::BigGrin:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

Reminds me of the film "The Day After Tomorrow !!!" Spooky or what !:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

14. alan

alan Funster

Spanish Weather

Where ever we park along the med in Spain in winter I can almost Guarantee that it'l be a damn site warmer than here in Skeg.
    We usually set off about mid October and unless we get an unusually warm spell we'l be doing the same this year:Smile:

Alan

• Like Like x 2
  15. mondo

mondo Read Only Funster

Couple of years ago we did Peniscola..pretty decent weather shorts t/shirt in the daytime..but the longs went on after 18:00 ish...had a bit of blustery weather for a couple of days but on the whole I was sunbathing from early Feb..Can't do that in West Yorkshire...That year we were going to go onto the Algarve and Portimao but it was a bit wet and cold..so and we stayed put!!

16. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi, it used to be more november that pain and morocco had rain. bit like uk its like its all happening abit earlier as time goers by . i have noticed it starting about 20 yrs ago . slowly the rain as moved forward every year. is our calender out of sink with the nature calender. seems like it to me . even good weather seems to be happening earlier . look at march april this year.

17. mickcope

mickcope Read Only Funster

spain

Weather in Alicante yesterday was lovely - sitting in Aspe in the early evening in t-shirt sipping Cafe con leche went down a treat

18. ukbill

ukbill Funster

thanks all i reckon a drive to just passed barcelona for new year then alicante after we have drank the new year in i reckon we have gone back to maybe marjal but like what was said hopefully the weather will be better than the uk