crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
thinking about going to Spain come next winter get out of the U.K I will be solo been all around Europe just want to know what the Costers are like I have never been in that area of Spain, don't want to mix with the great unwashed so anyone know of a decent affordable MH site, summer will have been and gone in a flash so got to think about it know, wife does not want to leave the house but might come for a few days here and there, don't drink don't smoke no more fornicating, retired, all I got to do is MH after a lifetime of full time work, so getting fed up all ready

crabs

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Loads of good sites to use we like Cabo de Gata,Almeria and La Aldea at El Rocio opposite ends of Southern Spain.

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Same here Cabo De Gata and El Rocio

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Lots of sites and stop overs lots of wilding
Weather is pretty good especially compared to the UK

Cost of living is cheaper despite Spain's financial problems

If you pick a site the prices usually go down the longer you stay BUT electricity is separate and more expensive in winter watch what they charge we are in Benidorm in September and expect to pay €0.45c/KWhr and our pitch is €12 /n with 100 channel TV water and drain on pitch

What we have noticed though in less popular areas sites do close for the winter so be careful when you contact them

OP
OP
crabman

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Lots of sites and stop overs lots of wilding
Weather is pretty good especially compared to the UK

Cost of living is cheaper despite Spain's financial problems

If you pick a site the prices usually go down the longer you stay BUT electricity is separate and more expensive in winter watch what they charge we are in Benidorm in September and expect to pay €0.45c/KWhr and our pitch is €12 /n with 100 channel TV water and drain on pitch

What we have noticed though in less popular areas sites do close for the winter so be careful when you contact them

good point Madcaravanner before did a lot of wild camping but don't fancy doing that again, best I stay on a pitch for a while, problem is I don't like spending, any cheap labour to push the MH around in Spain, I can run to say £5.00 a day for 40 miles :LOL:

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
The good news about Spain, there are no more flies and bugs......they are all on my windscreen after driving up from Alicante to Figueres today !!!

OP
OP
crabman

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
The good news about Spain, there are no more flies and bugs......they are all on my windscreen after driving up from Alicante to Figueres today !!!

Scrape them off and cook them up for dinner tonight, lots of protein for you :D2

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
A good idea, but I've just had some great tapas!!!, maybe tomorrow the French flies and bugs may be even tastier !

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
You could book through the Camping Club as they do get decent rates if you wish to stay a few months. La Manga has a local airport and your wife could fly back and forth on a regular basis.

OP
OP
crabman

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
You could book through the Camping Club as they do get decent rates if you wish to stay a few months. La Manga has a local airport and your wife could fly back and forth on a regular basis.

thanks Mikeco, I don't mind the wife coming out now and again but heck not back and forth on a regular bases, after 33 years of marriage, she wants clean all the time, to hell with that I like the papers and planes etc spread all over the MH where I can find them, anyway she wont need to fly she can use her broomstick to travel :D

th[4].jpg

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014

But remember, the Camping Club will charge you £75 if they book a site for you when you don't book your ferry/chunnel with them.
The same Club??? don't charge people who live on the Continent because of course, they don't need a ferry.
How's about that for equality.

Reactions: f6c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back