Spain - Toll Road Lanes/Booths (1 Viewer)

Sep 18, 2011
Coventry. England
Funster No
MH
Bessacar
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Getting ready for our trip to Spain and will be using the Toll Road network, just a question, what should I be looking out for when approaching a Pay Lane/Booth accepting the obvious “height restriction”. Will be travelling in our 3m high by 6m long Motorhome towing a Motorcycle Trailer. Any helpful suggestions Thank you

Basa

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Don't go to one with just a "t" as that will be for toll tags only and will not open for you if you don't have a tag.

Martin

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Avoid paying by credit/debit card as I have read that the crooks are fitting card scanners to the pay booths :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
I'm still sometimes getting it wrong and have had to back up!

Trouble is they are not consistent as you can see by the three pics here!

Slowing right down to give yourself a chance to suss it out is best advice I can give.

On this first pic it's quite straightforward...if you see the sign with the 3 coins it's correct!

491304930.jpg

Sometimes you will see 'Manual'...that's the one to go for as it will have someone in the booth!

images-2.jpeg

images.jpeg

OP
OP
BASA47
Sep 18, 2011
Coventry. England
Funster No
MH
Bessacar
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Martin,Chris,Broken Link Removed and Fluff

Thanks for your responses and advice, especially to Dave and Ginney for the photos. The main reason I asked was that it is very difficult if not impossible to reverse with the trailer as it has a short coupling arm. I hate to hold up my foreign friends and fellow Brits getting out and uncoupling the trailer push it out of the way and reversing out in order to get in the right lane.

Thanks Basa

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I am usually travelling on my own when in Spain and with my right hand drive MH need to get out to obtain a ticket and subsequently pay at the toll booths so I hit the hazard light switch as I enter the lane for the booth to give people behind fair warning that I might be at the booth longer than they might expect. I am not sure whether this might not be legal but to date have not experienced problems with the police who are often scrutinising vehicles at the tolls.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back