spain sat tv

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Ian.s, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Ian.s

Ian.s Funster

In Spain. Have no signal. Not overly bothered if a solution isn't available. Can find Astra 2 no problem. The TVs tuned into at least a trillion channels. After the search nothing on tv. I'm told I need a dish at least as large as the motorhome. Is this correct. If so I shall continue talking to my good lady. It's been a while. The gin helps

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. jemhorn

jemhorn Funster

Keep talking! I think you're too far south for the reduced footprint on the signal. We were in Austria last year but did manage to pick up Sky News but that was all.

• Like Like x 1
  3. maxi77

maxi77 Funster

With luck you may get some of the oddball channels and the shopping ones buty many were moved onto the narrow beam a couple of years ago. There are things you can do but they cost and you will need to find people who supply the expat community. If you have affordable wifi you can try Filmon on the internet

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

You can get English news channels on Hotbird & Astra 1, and some of the German & French channels occasionally broadcast English films & series.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PeteH

PeteH Funster

When we where going to Spain up to 2008, you could still get some (Limited) channels with a Sky dish (rescued from a skip) a £4 LNB (E-bay). But I understand Sky didn`t like the idea of UK users "poaching" so moved the output to a different band?.

Pete

6. maxi77

maxi77 Funster

A considerable part of Sky's income comes from subscribers on the continent so it was not their idea rather BBC, ITV and channels 4&5 chose to have their stuff shown only on the narrow beam for supposed copyright reasons, but I understand that the EU is looking into such copyright restrictions on TV

• Informative Informative x 1