* Spain, Malaga 2014 (5th - 25th March) UPDATE (1 Viewer)

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Just a tentative enquiry. I'm thinking of taking my golf clubs to this meet and was wondering if any other golfers are doing the same. If there are no other golfers doing this then I wont bother as I dont like playing golf by myself.:Smile:

OP
OP
MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Just a tentative enquiry. I'm thinking of taking my golf clubs to this meet and was wondering if any other golfers are doing the same. If there are no other golfers doing this then I wont bother as I dont like playing golf by myself.:Smile:

There are a few golf courses nearby around 9 I think. The nearest is about twenty minutes walk from La Bella Vista - if you are a golfer this is where you want to be! If you have not already google - La Duquesa Golf & Country Club to see their web site.

I will be fishing....

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
dont need golf clubs i have a baseball bat to repel all intruder :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
There are many day trips to various areas eg Granada and Cordoba.

Both "must see" places.

The Alhambra in Granada is exquisite. But you have to book a timed slot to get in to the main area. Can do it on line.

Granada is a city of two halves. An ancient narrow street half and a modern shopping area like Oxford Street in London.

Cordoba. More ancient city with the almost unbelievable Grand Mosque. The sheer scale is bewildering.

What the Muslims created in Spain is amazing.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...231410B9D2D60A280DDF4E02670D46B63&FORM=IQFRBA

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...1500C7B7DAAD887AF21428106549211C8&FORM=IQFRBA

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi all. Just been thinking about booking ferries, we don't fancy driving through France in case of bad weather so am looking at Portsmouth to Santander or Bilbao. Are others booking ferries now, or do you leave it until nearer the date? We are thinking of leaving sometime in February, depends whether we decide to go to the Portugal meet that Jim is organising first. What are others doing? Book now or leave it till New Year?

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We are leaving the UK and heading for Spain mid December. The ferry was booked as soon as the winter timetable was issued, about 8 weeks ago.
As with Dover - Calais crossings we find that the earlier you book, the cheaper the cost.
There are a couple of Funsters who have a discount code for use on Brittany Ferries. Use the search facility " discount code" to find out who they are and drop them a PM, I am sure they will pass it on to you.

Brisey.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just a couple of questions really, we have a very good quote from Camping Cheque £120 return including 3 camping cheques, we leaving on 30th Dec.

This means we will arrive a bit earlier, do Camping Bella Vista do camping cheques.

Also with leaving then we will be able to cross to Morocco earlier if anyone is going across nearer the 8th could they let us know , :thanks:

OP
OP
MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Just a couple of questions really, we have a very good quote from Camping Cheque £120 return including 3 camping cheques, we leaving on 30th Dec.

This means we will arrive a bit earlier, do Camping Bella Vista do camping cheques.

Also with leaving then we will be able to cross to Morocco earlier if anyone is going across nearer the 8th could they let us know , :thanks:

Hi Carol, as far as I am aware Bella Vista do not take Camping Cheques - their usual rate was €24 a night but we agreed €18 (Motorhomefun) including electrics and wifi last year.

If you look on the Morocco thread there are others thinking of crossing to Morocco around the 8th.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Do you know if the 18 euro is anytime or just for the fun rally, thanks.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The Fun rally is CHEAPER !!!!

I cant see why Bellavista would not offer us another deal to match the €18 for anyone visiting before the meet or on the way down.. Leave it with us and I will get an email off to Rudi and check....

OP
OP
MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
* La Bella Vista - Spain, Malaga (5th - 25th March 2014) - UPDATE

FYI: Tonka and I have also negotiated a special fee for Marjal Costa Blanca which you may want to visit whilst you are in SPAIN - this will be posted shortly on the Forum with full details and will now be open to ALL Motorhomefun members.

★ :thumb: Please keep us informed if your plans have changed. :thumb: ★

La Bella Vista - 20th November Update. The list is presently closed.

Total of 37 confirmations - there are 30 allocated places. Hopefully as we get nearer the time (3+ months to go) we can plan things to make sure everyone is accommodated. * See below for further information.

1.) Tonka (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
2.) Mr Motorhome (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
3.) Polar bear (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
4.) The Only Sue (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
5.) Brisey (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
6.) Malcolm Bolt (*Confirmed 19th - 25th)
7.) Ambilkate (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
8.) Pat4Neil (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
9.) Archie2000 (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
10.) Canopus (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
11.) Kaybee (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March) - Would like to travel down with others.
12.) Champers (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
13.) Cally (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
14.) Southampton (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
15.) Maxsdad (*Confirmed 5th - 18th March)
16.) Elamessa (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
17.) Taran_las (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
18.) Carol (*Confirmed 18th - 25th March)
19.) Johnstey (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
20.) Beerdrinker1 (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
21.) Audlin (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
22.) Destination unknown (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
23.) Rayb182 (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
24.) Paddyd887 (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
25.) Teasy2007 (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
26.) Suggy (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
27.) Timetraveller (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
28.) CarolynandMike (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
29.) UKBill (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March) 1 best friend
30.) Knuckledragger (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)

============================================

31.) Jeb (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
32.) Scattycat (*Confirmed 18th - 25th March)
33.) Sciac2001 (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
34.) Electricscott (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
35.) Jazz (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
36.) Lugnutt (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
37.) Lookback (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March) Plus 1 best friend.

RESERVE LIST

1.) Silkcut1105

Other Information:

Manilva is situated as a base from which you can explore Andalucía, with its picturesque white towns and villages nestling in the region’s mountains, to its historic cities such as Seville, Malaga, Granada and Cordoba. Just a short hop across the Strait of Gibraltar from continental Africa, namely Ceuta and Morocco. Gibraltar (duty free) is a 30 minute drive. The nearest village is Manilva or the town of Puerto de la Duquesa both a few minutes' walk or cycle along the beach front.

Price negotiated is €14 (Euro) a day per van, to include 1 or 2 people and includes electricity (16amp) and wifi. A calendar month can be negotiated once you are there if you so wish. A figure of €360 has been mentioned but electric will then be charged separately, so that will not be far off the €14 anyway. We have negotiated €1.50 for dogs (half price, per day) for those staying for the full period.

* This is a pop 'in - out meeting.' there are no formal arrangements or travel plans. There is no commitment to stay the whole 3 weeks people can arrive at any point and stay as long or as short as they like. We are setting these weeks as a guideline to say that's when we are having the "do". Hopefully as we get nearer the time we can plan things to make sure everyone is fitted in. However, they are selling pitches for long stayers, so it cannot be ruled out that restriction on numbers will be applied. As already mentioned, we have an allocation of 30 spaces at present. Naturally, you can also come and go when you want and pay the normal site rates at times / dates that suit you subject to their availability in the event they do not agree to increase the numbers. Tonka and Mr Motorhome are in contact with Rudi (site manager) and are keeping him informed.

There is no commitment and no deposit, this is all being arranged with goodwill.

Note: we have been told the weekend of 28th Feb 2014 is 'Andalucía Day' a public holiday in this part of Spain (Malaga) and many sites will be very busy. This MotorhomeFUN gathering is to start on 5th - 25th March 2014 (three weeks)

You can visit the La Bella Vista web site HERE for more details regarding the facilities and services, or Broken Link Removed for the campsite rules.

Co-ordinates are :> n36.20.46 w5.14.11 - Mapcode: (Spain) kv8.cnq - Gps: n36 20.771 w5 14.185

Looking forward to seeing you all there! :beer:

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
I know it's late

Hi,
Now that a few of our commitments are clearer we would like to meet up with you all. If you have pitch available for even just a few days we would be interested. We expect to be in Spain from the start of February and touring around with no fixed plans as yet so are flexible.:Smile:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hi,
Now that a few of our commitments are clearer we would like to meet up with you all. If you have pitch available for even just a few days we would be interested. We expect to be in Spain from the start of February and touring around with no fixed plans as yet so are flexible.:Smile:

We would love to meet you but as you can see from the list we are already oversubscribed and as yet cannot confirm anyone above the 30 places originally agreed. It is hoped that the campsite will see how well this has been supported and give us more spaces at the agreed low rate.
There is nothing stopping anyone attending the campsite while we are there but you may have to pay full unless we can sweet talk them..
Watch this space.... :thumb:

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
Just for info what is the full rate if we could make it on an ad hoc basis. We haven't been to a meet yet and would love to come sometime:thumb:

OP
OP
MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Just for info what is the full rate if we could make it on an ad hoc basis. We haven't been to a meet yet and would love to come sometime:thumb:

In 2014 the full rate will be €26 per night. :thumb:

Last edited:

Bennyheaven

Free Member
Aug 27, 2012
Pleasley.notts.
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
25 years
Malaga ,La Bella Vista meet

Could you please put us on the list please from the 5th to the25th march . Many thanks .Terry

OP
OP
MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Could you please put us on the list please from the 5th to the25th march . Many thanks .Terry

Hello Terry, as mentioned by Tonka (two posts above yours) - the list is presently closed. :thumb: Sorry.

Last edited:

Bennyheaven

Free Member
Aug 27, 2012
Pleasley.notts.
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
25 years
Malaga meet booking

Understand we're not on the meet list now. That's fine, thanks for the reply. Best to all Terry

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Just a reminder, as we are over subscribed...
If anyone on the list above has a change of plans and cannot make this meeting please let Andrew (Mrmotorhome) or myself know as soon as you can.....

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Change of plan and good news for the reserve list!

After 4 months in the van we have finally succumbed to bricks and mortar and have reserved a new place in Edinburgh.We will move in February which means we will have to change our plans and will not be able to be in Malaga for the meet so can come off the list and let another funster take our place.
We spent November near Malaga so do not feel we are missing out and will hopefully meet up at another event later in the year! :Cool:Have a great time!

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
After 4 months in the van we have finally succumbed to bricks and mortar and have reserved a new place in Edinburgh.We will move in February which means we will have to change our plans and will not be able to be in Malaga for the meet so can come off the list and let another funster take our place.
We spent November near Malaga so do not feel we are missing out and will hopefully meet up at another event later in the year! :Cool:Have a great time!

Bad news on the meet but good news on the new place.. :thumb:
Thanks for letting us know...

OP
OP
MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
* Lista confirmada Spain, Malaga (5th - 25th March 2014) - UPDATE 4th December

:Cool: Please keep us informed if your plans have changed. :Cool:

:thumb: Tonka and I have also agreed a special fee for Marjal Costa Blanca which you may want to visit whilst you are in SPAIN before or after Bella Vista - this has been posted on the Forum with full details and will now be open to ALL Motorhomefun members.

La Bella Vista confirmations - 4th December 2013. The list is presently closed.

Total of 36 confirmations to date - there are presently, 30 allocated places. Hopefully as we get nearer the time (countdown - 3 months to go) we can plan things to make sure everyone is accommodated. * See below for further information.

1.) Tonka (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
2.) Mr Motorhome (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
3.) Polar bear (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
4.) The Only Sue (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
5.) Brisey (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
6.) Malcolm Bolt (*Confirmed 19th - 25th)
7.) Ambilkate (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
8.) Pat4Neil (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
9.) Archie2000 (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
10.) Canopus (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
11.) Kaybee (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March) - Would like to travel down with others.
12.) Champers (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
13.) Cally (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
14.) Southampton (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
15.) Maxsdad (*Confirmed 5th - 18th March)
16.) Elamessa (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
17.) Taran_las (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
18.) Carol (*Confirmed 18th - 25th March)
19.) Beerdrinker1 (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
20.) Audlin (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
21.) Destination unknown (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
22.) Rayb182 (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
23.) Paddyd887 (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
24.) Teasy2007 (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
25.) Suggy (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
26.) Timetraveller (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
27.) CarolynandMike (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
28.) UKBill (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March) 1 best friend
29.) Knuckledragger (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
30.) Jeb (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)

31.) Scattycat (*Confirmed 18th - 25th March)
32.) Sciac2001 (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
33.) Electricscott (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
34.) Jazz (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
35.) Lugnutt (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
36.) Lookback (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March) Plus 1 best friend.

RESERVE LIST

1.) Silkcut1105

Other Information:

Manilva is situated as a base from which you can explore Andalucía, with its picturesque white towns and villages nestling in the region’s mountains, to its historic cities such as Seville, Malaga, Granada and Cordoba. Just a short hop across the Strait of Gibraltar from continental Africa, namely Ceuta and Morocco. Gibraltar (duty free) is a 30 minute drive. The nearest village is Manilva or the town of Puerto de la Duquesa both a few minutes' walk or cycle along the beach front.

Price negotiated is €14 (Euro) a day per van, to include 1 or 2 people and includes electricity (16amp) and wifi. A calendar month can be negotiated once you are there if you so wish. A figure of €360 has been mentioned but electric will then be charged separately, so that will not be far off the €14 anyway. We have negotiated €1.50 for dogs (half price, per day) for those staying for the full period.

* This is a pop 'in - out meeting.' there are no formal arrangements or travel plans. There is no commitment to stay the whole 3 weeks people can arrive at any point and stay as long or as short as they like. We are setting these weeks as a guideline to say that's when we are having the "do". Hopefully as we get nearer the time we can plan things to make sure everyone is fitted in. However, they are selling pitches for long stayers, so it cannot be ruled out that restriction on numbers will be applied. As already mentioned, we have an allocation of 30 spaces at present. Naturally, you can also come and go when you want and pay the normal site rates at times / dates that suit you subject to their availability in the event they do not agree to increase the numbers. Tonka and Mr Motorhome are in contact with Rudi (site manager) and are keeping him informed.

There is no commitment and no deposit, this is all being arranged with goodwill.

Note: we have been told the weekend of 28th Feb 2014 is 'Andalucía Day' a public holiday in this part of Spain (Malaga) and many sites will be very busy. This MotorhomeFUN gathering is to start on 5th - 25th March 2014 (three weeks)

You can visit the La Bella Vista web site HERE for more details regarding the facilities and services, or Broken Link Removed for the campsite rules.

Co-ordinates are :> n36.20.46 w5.14.11 - Mapcode: (Spain) kv8.cnq - Gps: n36 20.771 w5 14.185

Looking forward to seeing you all there! :beer: :party2:

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
Please take my name off the list. Have had to change plans. Hopefully another time
Kath

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i will have to pull out i cant be defo on being there if i can then i will just pitch at the normal price so give someone my spot please and sorry for the hassle :Sad:

DogShowDiva

Free Member
Dec 28, 2013
Sotogrande
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis
Exp
Since 2004
Hello... new to the forum :)

I would love to come along.... if there is a space I would love to bring Pippa ( My Motorhome) but as I only live 15mins away from Bella Vista ( THE BEST CAMPSITE ON THE COSTA DEL SOL !!!) I could always just drive down to meet everyone ?

If you are have a fish & chip night at Marlows defo count me in :)

:thanks2:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hello... new to the forum :)

I would love to come along.... if there is a space I would love to bring Pippa ( My Motorhome) but as I only live 15mins away from Bella Vista ( THE BEST CAMPSITE ON THE COSTA DEL SOL !!!) I could always just drive down to meet everyone ?

If you are have a fish & chip night at Marlows defo count me in :)

:thanks2:

There is no issue with coming to Bellavista, However the list is already oversubscribed and closed to any further additions. We have 30 places at an agreed reduced rate.
Should you decide to attend there is no issue with joining in with us but you may have to pay full camp rates....!! Things may change closer to the time in case some on the list cant make it but we will have to wait and see..
When we are on route to Morocco we will stay at the site 12/13th and may have more of an update then...

DogShowDiva

Free Member
Dec 28, 2013
Sotogrande
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis
Exp
Since 2004
Thank you Tonka :)

Drove past there today and it looked pretty full..... will probably come down for a few days even if I have to pay full price :)

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Booked the ferry for the 25th Feb Portsmouth-Santander. Anybody else thinking of going around that time? We want to go via Benidorm to see some old friends that live there first, then on down to Bella Vista. Can't wait to get away from this crap weather.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back