LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
No dogs allowed at los Madriles. Does anyone have a suggestion for other sites in the area where dogs are accepted?

Camping Playa de Mazarron at Bolnuevo is 10 miles South by roads suitable to drive on (about 5 miles "as the crow flies") from Los Madriles and they accept dogs there.

Deleted User
Camping Playa de Mazarron at Bolnuevo is 10 miles South by roads suitable to drive on (about 5 miles "as the crow flies") from Los Madriles and they accept dogs there.
Dogs are also allowed on the beach direct from the site. If you have a small outfit can park on the row in front of the beach, our three dogs loved it here. There are pictures and information on our middle dog Indiana Bones blog which is linked from our signature.

Lin :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Dogs are also allowed on the beach direct from the site. If you have a small outfit can park on the row in front of the beach, our three dogs loved it here. There are pictures and information on our middle dog Indiana Bones blog which is linked from our signature.

Lin :)

Wouldn't have had a chance getting a pitch anywhere near the beach when we were there last week. We had the choice of about 5 pitches, very full and crowded.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
The problem you will have this year ending will be because of the trouble in Tunisia this year it will put some MH'ers off going across to Morocco and that area. Why I don't understand as no more dangerous than some places in EU. None the less this will mean a influx of MH'ers in Spain this year for the winter sun:) and therefore camp sites full to the gates. I would suggest to anyone coming to Spain this Christmas period to book in advance to avoid disappointment. I could of course be wrong, but we stayed in Calpe a few weeks ago and the owner showed me his bookings for Nov,Dec,Jan,Feb and Mar and he was a very happy chap.........................

Deleted User
Wouldn't have had a chance getting a pitch anywhere near the beach when we were there last week. We had the choice of about 5 pitches, very full and crowded.
Quite a high turn over though, we had a middle beachside pitch and a few days later moved to the end of the same row when it became vacant, the beach pitches are very short and tight though, we were in a pvc and had to park at an angle, stayed several weeks, which is unusual for us, but it was a good break, and so easy with the dogs being allowed on the beach, there are restrictions July and Aug though. I expect it will be a very busy site over Xmas. :)

Deleted User
Quite a high turn over though, we had a middle beachside pitch and a few days later moved to the end of the same row when it became vacant, the beach pitches are very short and tight though, we were in a pvc and had to park at an angle, stayed several weeks, which is unusual for us, but it was a good break, and so easy with the dogs being allowed on the beach, there are restrictions July and Aug though. I expect it will be a very busy site over Xmas. :)

The problem we have at the moment is we are towing quite a large caravan which is not easy to manoeuvre and we were only stopping a couple of days anyway, looking to sell the caravan and replace the outfit with a small PVC over the winter.(Will be advertising on here later, located in Portugal, ideal for siting or storage or touring:))

The day we arrived it was around 4 PM and next to no choice, the day after around lunchtime things had changed and quite a few of the larger pitches were available.....as I said earlier, timing is everything:)

I can definitely see the attraction of the site and the area.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
We spent a few days there in Feb/March this year in a 7m MoHo - we arrived at about 4pm on a Friday therefore did not have too many pitches to choose from, but as @Milliemobile says there is quite a high turnover so we could have changed pitches on a later day if we had wanted to.

We normally plan to arrive on a new site quite early (around lunchtime) as well as having a choice of pitches this gives us time to look around, have lunch (avec vino of course) then quite possibly have a little snooze before tackling dinner (with more vino of course!) :)

As @matamoros says - timing is everything!!

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
We did it regularly 03 to 09. Weather can be mixed but decidedly warmer than Blighty. Camp-grounds can vary greatly in quality, and where becoming quite expensive to 14E/Night. (09), Long stay is/was cheapest? . Along with quite a few of the "Old" ARVE. we used Camping la Manga, on the Mar Menor, a lot but not exclusively, we also stayed at camping Bella Vista nr Aguilas. Managed to park 32ft "Pusher" R-V, both places. Further North (West) we used campgrounds at Villajoysa (now closed) and Altea (lots of Dutch). As well as Oliva, (many Germans and an extended, noisy, family of Romany's!!) and Denia. Penniscola, Alcossbre, (CCC rally) and Benicarlo.

The biggest Challenge was a Camp site near Canada North of Elche. Up on a hillside and only just enough space to access the Pitch. but what a view of the Mountains!!. that was colder being higher up!.

I wonder if we will ever go back?. I think I got spoilt, 5 years R-V`ing in the USA, shows just how backward Europe / UK is. Camp-grounds with FULL hookup` for the equivalent of 9 to 10 pounds a night!. Hundreds of "free" wild area camp-grounds. some in national forests. Wild camping in the Arizona Desert with the clearest view of the stars ever!. Sat around the (Camp) Fire (allowed!!) In The Black Hills, and Montana, fire rings set up on most sites, which you never get here!!

Pete

Lindacarole

Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta Van
Exp
Now a year !
[QUOTE="PeteH, post: 1593165, member:
I wonder if we will ever go back?. I think I got spoilt, 5 years R-V`ing in the USA, shows just how backward Europe / UK is. Camp-grounds with FULL hookup` for the equivalent of 9 to 10 pounds a night!. Hundreds of "free" wild area camp-grounds. some in national forests. Wild camping in the Arizona Desert with the clearest view of the stars ever!. Sat around the (Camp) Fire (allowed!!) In The Black Hills, and Montana, fire rings set up on most sites, which you never get here!!

Pete
I think that is what makes travel also great, you get to do different things in each country. It would be nice if we could bring all the best bits from around the world home, but I say embrace the differences and enjoy the demands each country has. Our little country would not be so lovely if really large RVs( and not so large) could park in all the nice scenic places we all love to visit, so enjoy the challenge!
LC

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
When will be going we are booked to go on the 20 of NOV so will see you there (CHECK OUT SNOWBIRDS BENIDORM GROUP

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back