Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
I recently posted that Spain was scruffy, well thank goodness today it improved considerably.

Today we drove down past Murcia which of course is further inland and there was far more to it than the coastal strip further up the East coast which is only swish along the proms. and very scruffy four blocks back.

We are no parked up right on the beach at Mazarron on a very full site but very pleasant with a dog friendly beach. Beyond the strip there is more farming going on and it is more or less the mental picture that I had of Spain.

Are there any Funsters on this site at present, at the moment I have only seen one British outfit out of about 230.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If your in that area have a day out to Bolneuvo, just south of Port de Mazaron. A nice site and the village is quite nice with a small beach and they still drag the fishing boats up on the beach. If your van is not too big, go as far through the village as you can, then at the top of the hill take the dirt road along the coast. Some great wilding spots along there right on the beach out of harms way. There is always a few Germans fishing along there.
This is one of my favourites Playa Percheles.

Attachments

• Morocco 061.jpg
    Morocco 061.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 61

pollensabob

Free Member
Jan 30, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7 years
Elliot's cafe in Bolneuvo Brit owned best fish n chips outside of Blighty. Very good camp site Los Madriles, Just outside of Mazarron with excellent facilities.

Bob:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Totally agree with the clean up in Spain. We have just spent two weeks near Guardamar in a village and couldn't believe the transformation. Everything has been renovated with ALL rubbish removed, pavements replaced, dead trees felled and untidy homes spruced up. It appears they are trying to tempt people back before the house purchase tax increases from 4% to 10% in the New Year.
Let's enjoy it while it lasts.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I recently posted that Spain was scruffy, well thank goodness today it improved considerably.

Today we drove down past Murcia which of course is further inland and there was far more to it than the coastal strip further up the East coast which is only swish along the proms. and very scruffy four blocks back.

We are no parked up right on the beach at Mazarron on a very full site but very pleasant with a dog friendly beach. Beyond the strip there is more farming going on and it is more or less the mental picture that I had of Spain.

Are there any Funsters on this site at present, at the moment I have only seen one British outfit out of about 230.

Alan we were there last year/or should I say this January....yes it is a nice spot....BUT it was choc-o-bloc mainly with Germans...I mean solid... to the point of claustrophobic...are you still using your Kindle for the internet emails and posting.:Doh:

Last edited:

Deleted User
If you go farther south into Almeria don't be put off by the plastic greenhouses, drive through them to the San Jose area in the Cabo de Gata Natural Park.Sites at Los Escullos and Las Negras lots of excellent free camping spots, beautiful beaches, volcanic, mountainous scenery, no plastic.

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Alan we were there last year/or should I say this January....yes it is a nice spot....BUT it was choc-o-bloc mainly with Germans...I mean solid... to the point of claustrophobic...are you still using your Kindle for the internet emails and posting.:Doh:

We are posh today with proper internet

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We have not found it to be scruffy, not as pristine as France though.
We have only stayed at two sites one at Cambrils for a week and now at Azahar near Benicasim for a week (internet hopeless)
Both towns are lovely we have cycled and walked for miles and the biggest problem they have (seems all over) is graffiti.
These are seaside resorts and we are making comparisons with the likes of Blackpool, Scarborough and dare I say Redcar?
These are filthy compared to where we are now so happy puppies.:thumb:

This site is mainly long term Brits and is very friendly as I say the wi fi is a problem we paid €15 for a week unlimited pffft lucky if we have had an hour, connection to the site router is 100% but delfynet which they use is hopeless it seems their ip No is not recognised most of the time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
We have not found it to be scruffy, not as pristine as France though.
We have only stayed at two sites one at Cambrils for a week and now at Azahar near Benicasim for a week (internet hopeless)
Both towns are lovely we have cycled and walked for miles and the biggest problem they have (seems all over) is graffiti.
These are seaside resorts and we are making comparisons with the likes of Blackpool, Scarborough and dare I say Redcar?
These are filthy compared to where we are now so happy puppies.:thumb:

This site is mainly long term Brits and is very friendly as I say the wi fi is a problem we paid €15 for a week unlimited pffft lucky if we have had an hour, connection to the site router is 100% but delfynet which they use is hopeless it seems their ip No is not recognised most of the time.

Go twenty yards off the cycle track, as you would if you had Lilly with you and tell me you cannot find a disowned tele, a pile of broken tiles, hundreds of plastic bottles and various other items or did we walk through several local council tips

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back