Free Member
Dec 5, 2015
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
approx 2003
due to sail to Santander on Tuesday 25th but had to cancel.

fell off my bike in November (hit the kerb) landed on my left knee with all my weight coming down on it(there's a lot of weight) not too painful but badly strained, managed to get home without crying. 5 months later it starts playing up, swollen ankles and calf also a bit painful. doc sends me for an xray and I find out that I managed to break my fibula !! now waiting for the fracture consultant to check it out - next Monday is the first appointment I can get.

currently can hardly drive the car never mind the van so I have moved our booking back a month and am hoping to be fit to go by then although if they put me in plaster I may have to revise that.

impressed with Brittany ferries - as long as you revise your booking at least 5 days before you are due to sail you can keep moving the booking backwards until you are ready to go.

we will get to Spain/France hopefully before the school holidays.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry to hear about your injury and not going to Spain. I have also changed reservation dates many, many times without penalty. Hope you recover quickly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Ouch, sounds really painful.
You have to remember RICE apparently
Rest
Ice
Compression ( but not all the time)
Elevation.

Hope it's all sorted soon.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Knees can take a lot longer to heal than most people think. I had a similar injury many years ago. It took several months to heal, but still flares up again decades on. the bones heal eventually but it seems to be the ligament damage that really hurts as they are under a lot of strain

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hope you get sorted ,I feel for you went through the knee pain and now have two tin knees felt like Douglas Bader for a while

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
due to sail to Santander on Tuesday 25th but had to cancel.

fell off my bike in November (hit the kerb) landed on my left knee with all my weight coming down on it(there's a lot of weight) not too painful but badly strained, managed to get home without crying. 5 months later it starts playing up, swollen ankles and calf also a bit painful. doc sends me for an xray and I find out that I managed to break my fibula !! now waiting for the fracture consultant to check it out - next Monday is the first appointment I can get.

currently can hardly drive the car never mind the van so I have moved our booking back a month and am hoping to be fit to go by then although if they put me in plaster I may have to revise that.

impressed with Brittany ferries - as long as you revise your booking at least 5 days before you are due to sail you can keep moving the booking backwards until you are ready to go.

we will get to Spain/France hopefully before the school holidays.
Arr, bless ya Borr, got rid of my 1100cc Yam jus a few weeks ago, Missus said it'd kill me (us) if'un I dint, so now its gone,,, along wiv a piece of ma heart.....
bye bye bike,,,, but HELLO MoHo,!!! (y):D:D:D

Cooldude

Free Member
Feb 23, 2017
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2007
Sorry to hear about your bad leg, hope it gets better soon. I like cycling and always fear my knees going. I am getting to that age, wear and tear and all that!
We used, for the first time, the Santander crossing this time last year. It was a good experience. Interested to hear Brittany Ferries flexibility, worth remembering.

Get fit soon.

Pete

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Sorry to hear this, welcome to my world. :rolleyes: Mine was a bike accident too but it had a big engine attached to it. :whistle:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
What a pain (sorry for the pun) hope they sort it out nothing worse than putting off a trip.
Knees & wrists take ages to heal did my wrist in last August while re-tiling the garage roof, not too bad at the time but over 3 months gradually got worse just starting to get better now & I've still not been to the Doc's I know I should have gone.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back