Southwest Motorhomes

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by jezport, Jul 13, 2016.

1. jezport

jezport Funster

Has anyone had dealings with them? Ive made an inquiry on a van that they have for sale. They seem friendly and answered all the questions I threw at them.

Opinions please......

• Like Like x 1
  2. mikebeaches

mikebeaches Funster

I have had some dealings with them over a period of time and found them pleasant, responsive and helpful. I also looked at a new pvc they had for sale, but in the event the van was not quite right for us.

I believe the company has recently moved to new purpose-built premises.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Dave K

Dave K Funster

Is this the company who've just moved to the new premises in Ilminster??
    Before they'd moved there I hadn't heard of them, when we were looking to change ours I phoned them for a part exchange price and what sort of deal they'd do on the one we were looking at, they gave the lowest price we had for ours and wouldn't budge on the other so it was a non starter, they did get back to me quickly though...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Nigeltheparrot

Nigeltheparrot Funster

Been doing my servicing of MHs for last 5 years (moved there after problems with local Chelstons) - I have had no problems with them whatsoever - can recommend them. They have recently moved premises and taken on Globecar plus others - they also hire vehicles - was a small run business (owner Sarah) but growing quickly.
    John

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Nigeltheparrot

Nigeltheparrot Funster

@jezport if you need any pictures etc let us know as its only 10miles away can pop over and take some for you John

6. Dorwyn

Dorwyn Funster

I too found them helpful and very pleasant. In the end I bought the same van elsewhere based solely on the fact that for me they were awkward to get to for the initial purchase and for subsequent servicing, plus at the time they were busy with their move to new premises. I am not sure I made the right decision, I would have liked to have dealt with them,and I feel I should have offered them the opportunity to come up with a solution, I am sure that they would have helped.

7. jezport

jezport Funster

I will be getting my new van from them. Thank you for all the replies.