Southwest Caravan and Motorhome show (Westpoint Arena Exeter) (1 Viewer)

boosters

Free Member
Jan 16, 2008
cambridgeshire
Funster No
Just returned from the show at WestPoint arena and firstly would like to congratulate the organiser’s apple tree promotions on a first class show.
For their very first motorhome based show the gate numbers from a point of being a trader were superb, on the Friday which is normally a quiet day for shows it was nonstop and people were queuing for 25 mins to gain entry to the show. Every day of the show was flat out and it was new people for every day. I spoke to the organiser and mentioned that the show was not really promoted within the motorhome community and he explained because this aspect of shows was new to him he was still learning and in fact he had placed adverts in certain magazines. The show was mainly aimed at people in the West Country and in fact when I spoke to people at the show about advertising the fact the show was on was amazed that in fact TV advertising had been done in the local itv region and was in prime time advertising between corry five nights a week. The organiser confirmed this and also said it was advertised on local radio also, this certainly paid dividends and explained the high cost for exhibiting. The venue was well heated and immaculate inside, the show far exceeded our expectations and hopefully we will be attending there next show at Kent showground.
Let’s hope this is the new standard for shows and stone leisure and warners had better start looking behind because if this is just there start into motorhome shows the future looks promising.
Already a next year show is being planned which will be a lot bigger with lots more exhibitors.
We have already booked for next year and business wise the future shows have got to produce great measures to beat the business done at this show.
Sum up 10/10 well done apple tree promotions

holy1hobby

Free Member
Jan 28, 2008
Torbay
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance
Exp
10 years
Sorry to be so negative with my first post but I went on Friday and from a visitors point of view it was rubbish. The accesories stands were very poor and only Chelston and West Country Motorhomes had stands . £4 per head down the drain.

John

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
As a trader myself, I opted not to attend this particular show.....waaaay too expensive for us I'm afraid, we need a minimum of 35 sq m for our exhibition stand.............at these prices I really do not think either Warners or Stone Leisure have a great deal to worry about.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
HOW MUCH???
£80 a square metre plus electrics for a 3 day show? That's £800 + Vat for a 3x3 metre plus travelling expenses. That's often as much profit as we'd make on a show weekend.
When will these show organisers realise that traders actually need to make a living? It's the biggest reason we gave up the show circuit.

Regards
Doug

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back