Free Member
Sep 21, 2010
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starfire
Exp
2 years
Ed and I have just got back from our Ireland adventure. We had a great time. We were so lucky with the weather and I think that made it a more enjoyable experience.
What a lovely country, we were able to really appreciate the stunning views we got from our various locations. The people there were all so friendly too. It was very quiet everywhere as obviously its not tourist season, but we really enjoyed the peace and quiet. We never saw another motor home other than parked up in gardens!
It was a shame though to see how many of the small villages are suffering from the recession with so many places boarded up.
We managed to fit loads in during our ten days and travelled from Dublin in an anticlockwise direction finishing at Rosslare to catch the ferry back. We stayed at some amazing places with views that you can only dream of.
Thanks to Blokarter for your help and a big thankyou to Smudger for the use of your property on our last night.We did end up asking a few of your neighbours for directions but you are obviously well known as they were very helpful. We thought Rosslare Strand was really nice and enjoyed a nice strolll along the deserted beach !!
So if anyone is considering Ireland I would definately recommend it.

blokarter

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
since 2008
Glad to see you had a good trip!
I hope the guide came in handy.

Did you manage to fit in everything you had planned?

Mark

OP
OP
S

sandied

Free Member
Sep 21, 2010
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starfire
Exp
2 years
Southern Ireland

Hi Mark, no you were right when you said we would struggle to fit everywhere in. We didn't get to quite a few places but it was just a rough plan really. We can always come back again maybe in few years time.We really enjoyed what we did get to see. It was such a stress free experience. We loved the fact that we could get water easily from the manyTopaz Garages that are everywhere. That was one of our main worries.
We hope you managed to find somewhere nice to go for your break away. We are planning to get away for a couple of short breaks in May. We will most propably go to Norfolk as its not far from us and a lovely County.

Hi Nigel and Pamala, yes it was expensive. I think anywhere that uses the Euro now is. We had to laugh when passing through a town we saw the 2 Euro shop rather than £1 shop!! Everything seems about double. Saying that up until we bought our van last year we always went abroad for our holidays. (Usually long haul flights) so in comparrison it was really cheap and there was no jet lag involved! It certainly was value for money as it was a nice relaxing break with good weather and a beautiful place.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back