Southend on Sea (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
what I did.. just left it a bit late.. but was blessed with an Essex girl :eek: :LOL:

on the A127 there is a Shell filling station selling Chav Rose Tinted sunglasses..

I'm guessing you have a pair :whistle: ;)
I do have some red framed sun glasses wit a rose tint as it happens Jim;):)
So she is an Essex girl...salt of the earth Jim...(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My daughter likes the fun fair in Southend and there is something about traditional British seaside resorts that I find endearing.

I even like Blackpool

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
About my only claim to fame in this life was to be quite a regular rider on the Wall Of Death at the Kursaal - at the age of 17. No leathers, no crash helmet, no insurance, no nuffink. Had she known, my mother would've had a fit, if not worse.
Sadly, the Wall Of Death is now a two bedroom estate semi :-(

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
If I had to compare Southend with other seaside towns it would definitely not be dumps like G Yarmouth Blackpool or Clacton. I would describe Southend as a much larger version of SOUTHWOLD the Suffolk gem. (y)
Anyone agree....;)
If you think Southend on Mud can be compared to Southwold you need help and counselling followed by a trip to spacevers and a long lie down in a dark room.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Just passing the Engine Plant now (on the train)... only that and the small PTA building left now... the rest is gone...
I was in the engine plant in 1985-1989...

I worked as a maintenance electrician on the assembly lines.. only stuck it about 1 year.. spent more time on strike than at work.. jacked it in and nearly went back to Scotland.. was all ready to go when I was offered a job at Shell Haven refinery .. . been here ever since..

just read here is a new plant opening .. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-3-000-making-new-green-diesel-engines.html

OP
OP
GaryH61

GaryH61

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
Horwich Greater Manchester AKA Lancs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Auto Stratus
Exp
Since 2014
There are a couple of nice sites, though some distance from Southend. Both next to the Chelmer canal/river if you like walking towpaths and watching locks in action.
If you're interested, let me know and I'll post details.

All contributions and recommendations greatlty accepted. Thanks to all for painting a picture. I have a vision in my mind and its quite entertaining.

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Gary, the site recommended in Rayleigh is ok, a bit basic but amazing to get that amount of space in the Rayleigh area. The owners are great if a bit quirky, but they can be difficult to get hold of. The site is often busy so best book as far ahead as you can.

If you don't want to take your motorhome into Sarfend there is a railway station in Rayleigh about a max or 20 minutes walk that will get you into the center of Southend in 10-15 minutes or so. Rayleigh town center is a good place to shop too, got most things you will need in a pleasant atmosphere, plus there's a commercial estate at Rayleigh Weir about 5 minutes from the campsite with a large Sainsburys and other delights of out of town shopping.

Approach the site from Eastwood Road turning into Whitehouse Chase, it will save you hassle. Turn left at the bottom and it's on your right about 200 yards down.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back