geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
I know theres a big site out of the city but the coast line looks cool .
is there anywhere thats safe near town and coast,,? going down in a couple of weeks,, thanks:thumb:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
what motorhome do you have?

The southend area has changed over the last few years from motorhomefriendly to motorhome enemy

we are an hour from southend but love it there, you could always park next to us and have a day out with our company

let us know your motorhome make model and then we could possibly advise you further xxxx

pm us with what you want to visit on the london and essex coast and we will do our best to oblige

sleep e carr

Free Member
Nov 30, 2008
Whitby North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express 6 birth
Exp
Since 1970 first van converted police van
Malden Essex

We have ha many a good holiday with no hassle in Maldon Essex right next to the park in the lane that leads down to the tip, park there all night an go into the park for free all day. right on the edge of town, lots of shops, walks and bike tracks. good luck safe journey

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Southend is great, we were down there yesterday had breakfast in Roses cafe then down to Shoeburyness for walk along the beach before a bit of Waitrose home and ware shopping.
What I am saying is that Southend is a great place for a short stay but the area north of southend has more to offer for a longer stay. Start at Felixstowe and work your way up the coast to Southwold. Like moving back in time.:thumb:

Inthezone

Free Member
Feb 14, 2014
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Southend

I have stayed at a CL at lower wyburns farm at rayleigh, not really southend but you can get the train or bus into town

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
We used to live in Rayleigh and know where this is -

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=2937

We will use it for a week in June when we visit with our camper. It's CCC members only and open March to October.

Rayleigh has a good range of shops and plenty of day and evening drinking and eateries, there's even a small market on Wednesday in the centre.

A walk to the rail station is 10 - 12 mins, buses to everywhere run from Rayleigh, and if you like shopping then Lakeside and Bluewater are quite close.

Southend is Southend, better for a day visit than a long stay. There are other places in the area including the salt marshes just north of Southend that are really special and beautiful, also plenty of country pubs if you have transport.

If you do stay in Rayleigh and like Italien food then La Romantica is the small restaurant to aim for, top of the High Street on the right, have been going there for more than 30 years and still in the same family.

Enjoy SE Essex, not the most beautiful but it's got a lot going for it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
geo glasgow

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
sorry ment to say Southport,,,,not SouthEnd,,,DAH

just up the road north i believe:Doh:...

lots of coast but near town looks a bit restricted for M/home parking .
i dont mind sites but i always feel a bit ....you know,,,,

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Southport & Southend just a few miles apart!

There is a Caravan Club site on the coast road at Southport, just a few minutes walk from the town. Very oldie worldy Southport.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back