Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
What great service !!!!!!(y)

I rang Andy the service manager yesterday to order a new gas valve for the oven.

We went through the usual serial number lark and he said that Dometic have one in

stock.He told me that I would get a phone call from Southdown parts department

to arrange payment and order the part.Two minutes later David rang and took my

details and payment.The valve turned up here ten minutes ago by courier !!!!!!

I reckon that's pretty good.........We hear of so much crap service going on that

I thought it would be nice to say well done to both Southdown and Dometic.(y)

Regards.

John P:)

Vic

Aug 1, 2010
Funster No
I am still waiting for a call back, that was two years ago. Somehow I don't think they are going to.

OP
OP
johnpengers

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Apologies for the way my original post doesn't flow. I did'n't type it

like that !!!!!:(

John P(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Great Company to deal with. Andy certainly knows his way round motorhomes. I have sent pictures of a couple of parts that need replacing under warrantee and they have arrived next day. Cannot fault them ...

Like the Concorde .. Bit big for our driveway ! .. Settled for a Laika A Class ..

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
What great service !!!!!!(y)

I rang Andy the service manager yesterday to order a new gas valve for the oven.

We went through the usual serial number lark and he said that Dometic have one in

stock.He told me that I would get a phone call from Southdown parts department

to arrange payment and order the part.Two minutes later David rang and took my

details and payment.The valve turned up here ten minutes ago by courier !!!!!!

I reckon that's pretty good.........We hear of so much crap service going on that

I thought it would be nice to say well done to both Southdown and Dometic.(y)

Regards.

Must agree strongly with you there - Andy is absolutely brilliant - very knowledgeable, polite and eager to help! :)

OP
OP
johnpengers

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Funny you should say that Mr Rapphil.Not only did Andy go through fitting the new gas valve (The whole fridge/freezer has to come out by the way:mad:)but He also took the time to answer my questions on tapping into the air system under the passenger seat to fit a set of train air horns.
A real genuine bloke(y).

Regards

Dec 21, 2010
Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Vline
Exp
Since 1999
It isn't just Andy, thay are all very good. It's a 500 mile round trip for me. We get things done when on our way to Spain and usually stay in the local Premier Inn if they need Motorhome for a few days delivered and collected can't ask for anymore than that. Or just for overnight we stay outside show room with EHU provided.

Always been happy with them.

Dill

Saint76

Free Member
Jan 10, 2014
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8years
I will second that found all of the staff to be very helpfull at all times sales ,service,valeting team.
How you speak to people on first approaching them will define how the conversation will go from there on in.
Be they part of the sales team or a member of the service team.
Remember if some one comes in shouting and cursing at you how would you react.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
As I have posted before, only live 15 min away and went down to look at a new Carthargo S Plus they had in stock wife then took a fancy to the new Concorde Charisma, we asked a few questions about the vans and were told by the salesman that he would get back to me..
A few weeks later I e-mailed to ask about the queries we had to be told don't worry I have not forgot you!, obviously did as they never did get back to me.
No way am I chasing someone to give them that sort of cash, as it happens my purchase has been held up but hopefully it will be happening in the next 6-7 months will be off to Germany then to buy.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
As I have posted before, only live 15 min away and went down to look at a new Carthargo S Plus they had in stock wife then took a fancy to the new Concorde Charisma, we asked a few questions about the vans and were told by the salesman that he would get back to me..
A few weeks later I e-mailed to ask about the queries we had to be told don't worry I have not forgot you!, obviously did as they never did get back to me.
No way am I chasing someone to give them that sort of cash, as it happens my purchase has been held up but hopefully it will be happening in the next 6-7 months will be off to Germany then to buy.

So what did you decide to purchase in Germany? And from whom?

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….

Unfortunately things have not gone to plan, I had a contract overrun so delayed buying until I could shut my firm down.
In March I went to the doctors with what he thought was an leg infection due to a cut on my leg 2 weeks later turned out I had dvt, that then resulted in a blood clot in my lung that put me in hospital.
Had a load of test to find out why and got diagnosed with a terminal blood disorder that is gradually getting worse and will end up finishing me off:( back to see consultant the end of the month to get results of latest test..

Still plan on getting a MH and went to Dusselldorf this year(not supposed to drive that far wife went mad)
Looks like an Arto or Flair as the exchange rate has gone down a lot since I first started looking:(
Although I do like the Hymers and think it would be easier to sell should I have to..

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
@Coastal Cruiser. I genuinely hope that the consultant gives you some positive news at the end of the month and you are able to get the van of your dreams.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
@Coastal Cruiser. very sorry to hear of your health problems :( and, like @big map, I hope that your consultant can come up with some positive news for you - as you know I don't live a million miles from you (and share the same opinion of Southdown Sales team)

As to Hymers, as you know I don't live a million miles from you (and share the same opinion of Southdown Sales team) I now own a 2016 Hymer MLI 580 which I find just brilliant so if you want to ask anything about it then please do get in touch. I'm sure you know Premier Motorhomes near you are a Hymer dealer and have a good reputation - I will be using them for damp/hab checks.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
I wanted to view a Concorde a few years ago at the NEC. I will never forget the experience, I was looked up and down by the lady on the stand and informed I would need to make an appointment. I strolled off and bought a new N&B Flair when I replaced that last month I went for the Morelo and will never look at a Concorde out of principle. Not too say when I replace the Morelo I might as I intend to trade it in Europe. But as for purchasing one in the UK...they know what they can do with there appointment.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back