South West France Village Aires (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Ok Good People - I am looking for recommendations for Village Aires on route from Calais down to Biarritz. We are over last week May and first week of June. Like to be within walking distance of local restaurants/shops.
We have the Camperstop Europe 2015 book and have a couple in mind once we get to Biarritz area but theres nothing like personal experience recommendations.
Thanks

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
This is one of my favourites.. just south of Angouleme just off the N10

http://www.campercontact.com/en/fra...65/motorhome-parking-aire-de-camping-car.aspx

Motorhome parking Roullet St Estephe
Campercontact sitecode: 1665

Lovely quiet aire .. free..

Pizza restaurant adjacent, pubs close by in the village
DSCF1656.JPG
DSCF1657.JPG
DSCF1659.JPG

OP
OP
Mr Colpot
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Thanks @The Dude - thats a little further over to the East than we plan to be (for this trip anyway although with us you never know)

OP
OP
Mr Colpot
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
LOL @The Dude - I am not much better myself - I keep seeing Aires in the book that I want to go to but then find they are nowhere near where we plan to be. May be the plan will change - we have a history of never actually going where we say we are going at the start so who knows

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Cognac is good just a few minutes walk over the bridge to centre of town

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I think we are planning on a similar trip although a week or 2 later, am also making a list of likely sites and aires, one we have taken note of from the ourtour blog is :

Mortagne-sur-Gironde (N45.47505 W0.79667),http://ourtour.co.uk/home/a-potentially-expensive-bang-and-garlic-laden-takeaway-mortagne-sur-gironde

There are alot it seems in this area.

Agree mortagne is a great aire if you are staying any length of time make sure you empty your cassette at low tide so you can use the bridge to get to the dump also go with all supplies as its a long UPHILL walk to the shops

Joe

OP
OP
Mr Colpot
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
I think we are planning on a similar trip although a week or 2 later, am also making a list of likely sites and aires, one we have taken note of from the ourtour blog is :

Mortagne-sur-Gironde (N45.47505 W0.79667),http://ourtour.co.uk/home/a-potentially-expensive-bang-and-garlic-laden-takeaway-mortagne-sur-gironde

There are alot it seems in this area.

We stayed there last time we were down that way in 2012
23 Mortagne Sur Gironde Aire.JPG
and yes it is indeed a lovely aire.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
We find that Aires are so common in France that it is possible to just drive and find interesting places to stop at, as and when you need them.

We have a number of Aires books and can lookup nearby villages/towns. We have yet to be unable to find a nice place to stop. I also have the French Aires in the satnav.

We use Capbretton as first or last stop in France for winter in Spain. If we have time going south or north we just wander to or from that general direction. Wandering reveals many interesting places.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back