South of France

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by xsparks, Mar 14, 2013.

1. xsparks

xsparks Funster

Hi I am heading to the south of France over Easter and I am looking for any info on stop overs
    things to see or do recomendations etc.
    I will have with me Camperstop Europe, France passion, All The Aires and ACSI I think this should cover most eventualities .:BigGrin:

2. chaser

chaser Funster

sounds as if you have got it sorted:Smile:

3. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

Arles, Avignon, and Aigues-Mortes are all worth a visit - aires available at the latter two.

The Pont du Gard and Nimes too. There's a campsite close to the Pont du Gard. Uzes (just up the road) is quite quaint in the middle, and has a Haribo factory you can look round if you like sweets.

4. lou020

lou020 Funster

We are also heading for south of france. shipping out 28th march, we have the same books as you,just received france passion this morning.

I have noticed most acsi + other campsites we had planned on stopping at do not open until 1st april, so we will give the aires and france passion sites a go. :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  5. JayDee

JayDee Funster

There are a few places en route that you could pause at and have a mooch around - Troyes, Reims, Fontainbleau, Chartres. Not all of them, obviously, or you'll never get to Aix en Provence, or wherever you plan on staying.

We stayed at a camp site called Le Crin Blanc which is just a few miles east of Arles and cycled into Arles for the day. Interesting frogs' chorus at night.

http://www.campingcrinblanc.com/

Not the best site we stayed on but quiet enough (though some of the facilities were shut up).

John