South of France recommendations please. (1 Viewer)

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
We are currently touring sunny Scotland and then abroad in October. Visiting friends in Holland and then on to Parc Verger for 10 days, unfortunately we will be there for the Pork and Cider festival. Our intention is to head to Sicily for Christmas but thought we would spend a couple of weeks in November on the French Med coast.
We don't want to wild camp and would prefer a nice site, can anyone recommend one please. Kev.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We are currently touring sunny Scotland and then abroad in October. Visiting friends in Holland and then on to Parc Verger for 10 days, unfortunately we will be there for the Pork and Cider festival. Our intention is to head to Sicily for Christmas but thought we would spend a couple of weeks in November on the French Med coast.
We don't want to wild camp and would prefer a nice site, can anyone recommend one please. Kev.

Can't help with campsites etc. but it won't be warm in S France in November (probably around 11oC) and many sites will be closed for the winter. Sicily will be cooler over winter.

OP
OP
obanvanman

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
Thanks for that. We just fancy going to Sicily and then working our way back for a year. Don't get me wrong we absolutely love Spain and have been there lots of times, just fancy something different. ( That's the plan at the moment anyway ).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Thanks for that. We just fancy going to Sicily and then working our way back for a year. Don't get me wrong we absolutely love Spain and have been there lots of times, just fancy something different. ( That's the plan at the moment anyway ).

We would love to do similar but I understand that December isn't a great time to visit Sicily - if you had the option of delaying a month or so, it would be much nicer. I do not speak from experience though, just reporting what others have told me.

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Visiting friends in Holland and then on to Parc Verger for 10 days, unfortunately we will be there for the Pork and Cider festival.

Is there something wrong with the Pork and Cider Festival that you will unfortunately be there?
I've never heard of it but as we will be around that area it might be interesting to go.

OP
OP
obanvanman

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
Quote from village web-site
Pig and Cider Day

There are a number of typically French small shops, including a boulangerie for that essential baguette, grocers and butchers, and even a pizzeria which also has a bar, to ensure that your social life doesn't suffer! And if you're looking for a little local colour, try to be in the village for its special fête, the quaintly named "Pig and Cider Day!"

This takes place on the third sunday in October.

I meant it was unfortunate for our diets but in particular our livers.:eek:

OP
OP
obanvanman

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
Sorry Brian there was no link there. Am beginning to get a bad vibe about our proposal, is it mainly the weather ?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sorry Brian there was no link there. Am beginning to get a bad vibe about our proposal, is it mainly the weather ?

There is no link, I meant use the search facility on the forum, search for "sicily" and you'll pick up two different trips at least.

Weather is the big problem but also closed facilities and towns looking very closed. Nothing worst than visiting a nice resort to be greeted by shutters and locals in full winter kit.

From memory the Sicilian mobs reported bearable weather but not as good as Benidorm.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Cannes is a nice place to visit. Stayed at a site a few miles outside of town, but great bus service 100m from the campsite.
Lots of fab yachts to look at, nice prom walks, hotel facades to see along The Croisette (where bygone film stars stayed), the film festival cinema complex, interesting shops etc.

Ok, may not be as warm in November, but an interesting place.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
My sister lives a few miles from the med coast near Narbonne. She says its bl***y cold there in the winter, so they come back to Kent because it's warmer!

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Been to sicily in Jan & Feb.lots of sunny days but you'll need to wrap up,Eating lots of ice cream doesn't help!!:rolleyes:.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back