south of france Easter, maybe (1 Viewer)

marc

Free Member
Mar 14, 2010
north west
Funster No
Exp
Hi all, We've had the van a month or so now but only managed 3 nights so far,Had a few teething problems but everything seems to be running smooth now. Any way with the weather not looking to good over Easter (was planning cornwall with the kids), i'm now thinking a few days local then making a maiden voyage to France with my mum and dad who have half share in van but no experiance yet::bigsmile:. So what i'm thinking is ,traveling with them for 5 nights more or less driving down south and then flying back and leaving them on there merry way.I've been a tugger for the past 6-7yr and tugged down to the Dordogne a few times crossing from portsmouth, fancy crossing from Dover and travelling down the east side stopping over at a few spots. Anyway what i'm looking for is a route down,If theres anyone with any ideas for an intresting route or any other ideas i'd be very pleased with any advice many thanks Marc.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi,when you say South of France,which side Spanish or Italian.

OP
OP
M

marc

Free Member
Mar 14, 2010
north west
Funster No
Exp
Hi, was thinking Italian then flying back from Nice,But no route as yet open to ideas really, thanks Marc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I think the flights back from the Cote de Azure are a lot more expensive than the Spanish side.
You have more choice of cheap flights from Perpignan,Montpelier,Carcasone, or over the border in Gerona.
I used to deliver mobile homes to Cannes,Nice and surounding areas years ago and love it. Its a nice run down which ever way you go but in recent years we have gone down the middle to Spain, Clermont Ferand, and the new bridge.

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
take plenty of warm clothes , it's not very hot down here , and expecting to get colder

talby

Free Member
Dec 16, 2008
Exmouth Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
9 years
South of France Easter

May I suggest you would need a fairly direct route given you only have five nights.

You could start by having a look around the first world war battlefields in the Arras area, then down to Reims in Champagne.

From there down via Saint-Dizier, Chaumont, Dijon, Beaune , Lyon, Grenoble. Then take the Route-Napoleon ( Gap, Digne-les Bains,Castellane,Grasse ). From there on to Nice. Have fun.

Talby.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

marc

Free Member
Mar 14, 2010
north west
Funster No
Exp
Thanks for that talby ive a few little jobs to sort out before we set off i'm adding another battery and maybe a solar panel or a small genny to sart with so i'm just reading up on that at the mo, I'll get the map out later and check out that route cheers Marc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back