South for the winter? nr Perpignan campsite (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Camping Camp Roussillonnais

We are trying this campsite in about 2 weeks time, will report later.

Looking at it's location it appears to be the perfect stop-over for those travelling to Spain for the winter and need a pause in their journey, and right on the beach.

It wasn't obvious from their website whether they were open longer than the summer, so wrote and received a very prompt reply to the effect that they are open all year without a break for Camping Cars, but not for other forms of camping or their chalets.

Couldn't find it mentioned here so hope this adds to the options

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Theres also another one open all year round just before the border at Le Boulou.
Camping Les Oliviers. Also a good Aire in Le Boulou behind the cemetery on the Perpignan road just out of town, with water and dump point.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Looking at it's location it appears to be the perfect stop-over for those travelling to Spain for the winter and need a pause in their journey, and right on the beach.

It wasn't obvious from their website whether they were open longer than the summer, so wrote and received a very prompt reply to the effect that they are open all year without a break for Camping Cars, but not for other forms of camping or their chalets.

Veevee ...Well that's strange our male Nurse who comes around to take blood samples, injections, and provide care at home..me I was just having my yearly Flue jab.......He to is a motorhome/camping car family...he has just mentioned the same area for over wintering, he did say his Neighbour goes there every year to over winter may even be the same place, as SWIBO did jot it down, so she will have to check, to see if its the same place...we said surely it is too cold, he said not ....it was just below Perpignan,on the coast, just before the border to Spain:thumb:

Mel

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Lived there for some time. A small village called Sorede. You go past it almost from the motorway travelling to Argeles.
Have photos somewhere sitting outside the bar on Christmas day in T shirt and shorts.
The area is protected by the Alberes mountain which is were the Pyrenees fall into the Mediterranean.

BobProperty

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010

That's at the north end of Argeles Plage, just out of the town. I'll have to check it out if I ever go back that way. Someone (Snowbird?) may confirm this but I think there are some Hypermarchés back towards Elne which are likely to be a lot cheaper than the one or two "mini-markets" in Argeles Plage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
That's at the north end of Argeles Plage, just out of the town. I'll have to check it out if I ever go back that way. Someone (Snowbird?) may confirm this but I think there are some Hypermarchés back towards Elne which are likely to be a lot cheaper than the one or two "mini-markets" in Argeles Plage.
Everyone from around that area used to shop in La Jonquara, just over the border. Huge discount supermarkets and many bargains. Great truckstop style restaurants with good cheap meals. Just don't go at the weekend.......its bedlam. An alternative of course is Andora which is not to far away. Same thing applies there..... don't go at the weekend.
If you do go to La Jonquara go via the old road from le Balou and just before you enter La Jonquara there is a turn to your left that signed auberge Can Joan which takes you up into the mountains. there you will find one of the best kept secrets in France. The Auberge Can Joan. 12 courses and wine between each including aperatif and brandy for 25 euros. All home grown or killed in the mountains. George will let you park up there for free if you eat there. Lets face it...you wont be capable of driving anyway.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back