Soup Makers (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We enjoy home made soup two or three days a week in the winter for lunch.
We don’t have a soup maker, however anything that encourages people to make proper soup from fresh ingredients is a good thing.
Fresh soup freezes well, making it quick and easy to lunch once you’ve made a batch

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
We also have homemade soup for lunch a few times a week in winter.
I make mine in my Ninja Foodi on pressure cook 10 mins and it’s made.
We had celeriac and sweet potato today with crusty bread.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I've never had much success freezing soup... maybe because most of mine feature root veg, and become very fibrous when thawed...
Or I'm doing the freezing wrong...
We tend to blend our soup with a hand held stick blender so the consistency is creamy before freezing
Depending on the recipe we top it off with dried fried onions , grated cheese and / or sour cream when re heating to add extra texture and flavour

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Made a goulash soup for lunch to day lost the half I was going to freeze it ended up down my daughters.
Couldn't use the soup maker for that one had to use the multicooker due to needing to cook the beef.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Soup makers?

An electric toy that makes soup?

JEEEEEEEEZ!

These marketing men see loads of folk with spare cash and certainly know how to take it from them...

Soup makers... I don't believe it...!

JJ :cool:
Then JJ if you haven't tried one you really don't know about them, no way would I stand messing around making soup with out one, with my soup maker that I've had for at least 5 years and still going strong I just bung anything and everything in with various herbs etc. 22 minutes later perfect soup every time and very healthy, but then if FB pies are your thing :Eeek: what can I say.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We got a pot, about 2-3 litres, maybe even 4, never measured it.

These cold winter days we fancy something warming for lunch, we get one of those soup/stew collection of veggies from Tesco /Aldi/ other. Generally a Swede, onion, two three carrots, a parsnip, , cost is about £1 usually .
Chop the lot up, add a small tin of Sweet Corn, a frozen pack of your home grown Tomatoes, and Runner beans, Throw in an handful of your homegrown cabbage, a few home grown spuds, some home made chicken stock, a couple or three Green OXOs , eureka! lunch for a couple or three days.
Bum it up with , on serving, some grated Red Leiscester cheese , mousetrap chedder ?, what ever turns you on! French Toast? creme frieche?

Lunches for 3 days? may be four. You could whizzit and freeze it in the Chinese take away type
dishes?

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
We've always insisted that our, now teenage, grandchildren to eat one Brussel sprout at Christmas - and that's all they'll eat - they still don't like them!

It was, and still is, the same for our kids (now in their 40s, LOL!)

We both love brussels.
I used to tell our daughter they were baby cabbages and she had to eat one for each year of her birthdays! I wonder why she emigrated to Oz lol

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
So i ordered one from Amazon, turned out it was a UK supplier but i didn't notice..... 5wks later and it hadn't turned up, something about the EU and the UK and the B word was mentioned by the supplier:confused: Got a refund and ordered an alternative which has a sauté function and it arrived yesterday (only took about 4 days for this one). Leek and bacon soup yesterday, then lentil and bacon today, both super easy and very nice indeed !

I like the fact that there's less things to wash up and that once you do the sauté part you can fill it up, press click and leave it be, very easy to clean as well (we'll see how that lasts though).

Overall a very convenient bit of kit that makes life a little easier(y)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
A lot of recipes say saute veg first or fry to soften the onions first I don't bother not noticed any difference. Obviously meat you need to fry or cook.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Love my soup, how much veg prep do you have to do? John doesn’t like pureed soup.?

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
The leek/bacon was something like:

Butter in
Onion in (roughly chopped)
Bacon in (roughly chopped)
Leek in ("")
above process took 5 mins inc prep and sauté

Then add 1ltr water and a stock cube, plus parsley and pepper (no salt as i figured with the bacon it was enough)
Press on and select smooth or chunky

Come back in 21mins

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Funnily enough just eating soup as described above, and its lovely, enough for 2 days lunches.
You will never buy a tin or ready made soup to match the flavour & consistency of home made soup, especially Heinz or Baxters.
I always laughed when TinaL used to buy a tin of Baxters Scotch Broth, it was so thin and lacking in meat, I reckon they could make one lamb chop make a thousand tins of the stuff.:giggle:
I was brought up with a home made soup starter, all the family was the same, probably still is up in Scotland.

Soup is the food of life, its up to you how you make it!(y)
LES

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back