Sound on the television...is it really my hearing? (1 Viewer)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi Neckender.
They have been dispatched,a bit more info on the box, a sticker with ZDC900 on it,will post again when i have had them a few days Give you a SHOUT...LOL,when they are 'ear..... DOH!
Tea Bag

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
This is how I got the unit working with my TV through the radio quad speakers.

Plug it into 12 volt supply or insert 2aaa batteries and press on off.
A fm signal will come on the display.
Tune your radio to the same fm signal insert the lead on unit into the earphone socket on TV turn the sound up on radio to suit.

If the FM signal does not suit you press the up or down arrows on unit to get another signal.
then tune radio to this new setting and as above.

On the bottom of unit is M1 M2 M3 with a set button.
You can set 3 different FM settings for example TV, Mp3 Player, Phone etc.

Hope this is of help.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi Neckender.
The hearing aid/voice amplifiers WERE... dispatched on the 15th.......... They have told me,(This being the forth time),that my order/package will be delivered to the house ....Tomorrow?. The other three days it was "Out on delivery" but were unable to access/find the property," Three times ?". There is a Duronic Fat Free Hot Air Fryer,that came last week with a different parcel service that shows the address is findable.
So,i will stick the ear whatsit in my lughole and rejoin the world of sound. I will give it a couple of days and report back to you on its performance. Onwards and upwards."To infinity and beyond!!"
TEA BAG!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
If your viewing through a satellite and are using the sat remote to control the tv use the a avtex remote to turn the sound right up then use the sat remote worked for me
Joe

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
This is how I got the unit working with my TV through the radio quad speakers.

Plug it into 12 volt supply or insert 2aaa batteries and press on off.
A fm signal will come on the display.
Tune your radio to the same fm signal insert the lead on unit into the earphone socket on TV turn the sound up on radio to suit.

If the FM signal does not suit you press the up or down arrows on unit to get another signal.
then tune radio to this new setting and as above.

On the bottom of unit is M1 M2 M3 with a set button.
You can set 3 different FM settings for example TV, Mp3 Player, Phone etc.

Hope this is of help.

Agree with Neckender re the set up.

I have found the unit works well. The only problem I have found is that, in my M/H, the supplied 12v power lead is far too short to reach from the TV to the socket. So I am using the AAA batteries.

The plug at the TV end seems to be a proprietary, not standard one, so finding a longer lead has proved difficult. I will splice extra cable into the supply lead to rectify it.

I have also found that having carried out the tuning process described by Neckender, moving the M-H to a different area may mean the tuned in frequency is already occupied by a station. Retuning is, however, simply a repitition of the above.

Great little unit!

Many thanks to Neckender for the original recommendation.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi.
Guess who is sitting ....Hear ?... with two hearing aids LOL. the trials will be starting within the next few mins,so will post again monday 28th with results.. "Say again ?" LOL!!.
Tea Bag

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I bought one of these little units too. Worked well on a quick trial before I left for Lincoln, BUT, my cab radio searches for stronger stations after 10 minutes and moves to one of them automatically. (No good when the wife was watching Strictly tonight and it then switched to Radio Lincolnshire!!)

Any ideas on how I can stop the radio (which is modern) skipping frequencies?

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If your viewing through a satellite and are using the sat remote to control the tv use the a avtex remote to turn the sound right up then use the sat remote worked for me
Joe

I've also found when having the sound wired to the cab radio, I have to have volume on max on both TV and satellite receiver. If I don't do this I get a high frequency buzzing.( Finlux TV and Megasat receiver)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi Neckender.
Have used them for TV watching and LISTENING.... YES!!,went to a party,about 18 there and could hear ok,but was sitting away from the main body of people,(There was an English paper there and i was reading that Mr Cameron had just won the general election ! WOW). and found just now and again when it got a bit "boisterous/rowdy",well there was drink...Gallons oops Litres.
I have also found,that after wearing them a while,on taking them out,my hearing stays at a reasonable level for some time after.
Would i recommend them ? They suit me,i can hear TV,i can hear conversations,(NOT VOICES!!! LOL),but at the present time the sounds are loud,but perhaps after slowly going deaf over a period, this has to be accepted. First wife is still complaining about me shouting,but she has never sat for the past 50 odd years shoulder to shoulder with a lorry engine.(Yes,they are quieter today..... They could have never got any LOUDER, ex cept when they BLEW!!! LOL).
If any bad points arrive,over the next week today,i will post,off to a Birthday party Wednesday,at a restaurant (Posh one!) so will get a better variation of sound waves. Shout again soon.
Tea Bag.
PS. The daughter has lent me her runabout/site wheel barrow,(1998 Freelander LHD and its not bad!).until we decide if we go,"Agricultural or Sedan" Auto buying.The new hearing aid is in the left ear,lovely sunny day,all windows down..... wait for it..... Started the engine... and DUCKED!! I thought someone was knocking a cylinder block about the yard with a sledge hammer...LOL and getting NEARER!! Hasta la Vista Baby!

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi John.
On the bill it says.
Nestling* Adjustable Mini Digital Hearing Aid In Ear Sound Voice Amplifier with Batts .
On the box it comes in,is a small silver sticker with ZDC 900 on it.
I have checked my order,and the same unit comes up on Amazon Page.
Best of luck.
Tea Bag

Jerrymjj

Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
I don't know if your Avtex is the same as mine but there is an option to switch on broadcast sound so the set broadcasts the sound on mine, at 93fm and you can then tune your radio into this and the sound will then come out of your sound system. Much easier and cheaper than all the techie stuff. There is a combination of things you have to do to get into the Engineer's menu to turn it on.
1, Press the “source” button on the TV remote.

2, Then enter code “2580" on the remote keypad while select source menu is still on screen (this will take you to a hidden engineers' mode).
You should find the option somewhere to enable the sound broadcasting mode. You can select a variety of frequencies I believe.

Last edited:

LPB

Aug 19, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
I was looking at buying an Avtex Tv and thought the FM Transmit feature was brilliant. I emailed them last night and asked if it was still a feature, and received a reply this morning that it was no longer available on the current range of TV,s.

lloyd.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back