Sound bar for Avtec television (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I didn't even know we could run a sound bar with an Avtex telly. I wanted to run the sound from the TV into the various HIFI speakers in the back of the van but never got round to working out how to do it..

mrhappydog

Free Member
Dec 30, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner IT728G
Exp
I tried everything. Got the thingy to plug in television to put sound through motorhome speakers. It is good but can't get rid of slight ticking noise.
In the end I went to Boots Hearing place and got some hearing aids!!!! Keep that a secret please.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Have to say why would you need to fit a soundbar, the sound quality from our 19" Avtex tv is excellent.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I tried everything. Got the thingy to plug in television to put sound through motorhome speakers. It is good but can't get rid of slight ticking noise.
In the end I went to Boots Hearing place and got some hearing aids!!!! Keep that a secret please.
Regards the ticking sound, when I run my tv, not avtex, through my van stereo I have to have both tv and satellite receiver maxed on the volume and control sound on van stereo to stop the ticking or buzzing noises.

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I Bluetooth my avtex tv through my mini Bose sound link.

Keith Manaton

Free Member
Mar 19, 2018
Funster No
I Bluetooth my avtex tv through my mini Bose sound link.
What bluetooth adaptor do you use with the Avtex? I had one in the past, on another device, and there was a sound delay? ta

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
I tried a number of Bluetooth adaptors in the past and could not find one which did not cause a delay.
Current van has a Bose sound bar factory fitted but uses a 3.5mm plug to connect between the two.
I am not a fan of Avtex they seem to lack so much technology for the price. I had an LG TV which was much cheaper than Avtec which had built in Bluetooth and you could slow/increase the sound output to compensate for any slight Bluetooth delay.
I would never purchase another Avtex product

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We asked Avtex why the new Avtex TV's didn't have Bluetooth to compliment the new Avtex sound bar and the delay was cited as the difficulty. In my camper I have two fairly large domestic TV's as we run everything through mains or the inverter and I have a wired connection to a Bose surround sound system which I find works really well for me.

We (at work) always play Dire Straits, Private Investigations at full chat to see if we think a sound bar is any good, It is one hell of a bench mark

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
If you use a Bluetooth speaker with a 3.5 jack lead just run it through the headphone connection

Keith Manaton

Free Member
Mar 19, 2018
Funster No
What bluetooth adaptor do you use with the Avtex? I had one in the past, on another device, and there was a sound delay? ta
Thanks everyone... we're new to caravanning. we've a new Quasar 462 on order, but the car stereo looks like it's 50 years old. Haven't bought the TV yet... The new Avtex 24" 9 looked good? It seems most light, multi fuel TVs are a bit dated in their spec's? Trouble is we have 4K LG at home with Marantz/Bose/Cambridge sound system. Weighing up the best sound out combos & options, for whatever we get. I know you can now get Bt adaptors with minimum delays. One option is upgrading the Car Stereo & speakers and putting it through that (not convinced), or the Avtex sound bar which looks cool (if we get that TV), or Bt to an external speaker (I've a Sony cube which is dynamite) or a.n.o? Not a fan of wires, using Bt you have the potential to connect multiple speaker & devices, whatever.

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
A pair of these work well connected to the Line In of my Peugeot Radio:

Amazon product ASIN B076LCN5WC
Pretty much zero lag.

I agree the Avtex TVs are way overpriced for the technology on offer - no bluetooth - no Freesat guide - poor remote sensitivity - poor viewing angle - poor sound. The average 24 ins Samsung would wipe the floor with the Avtex on picture quality at half the price.

Keith Manaton

Free Member
Mar 19, 2018
Funster No
We asked Avtex why the new Avtex TV's didn't have Bluetooth to compliment the new Avtex sound bar and the delay was cited as the difficulty. In my camper I have two fairly large domestic TV's as we run everything through mains or the inverter and I have a wired connection to a Bose surround sound system which I find works really well for me.

We (at work) always play Dire Straits, Private Investigations at full chat to see if we think a sound bar is any good, It is one hell of a bench mark

Cheers. Interesting they put Bt in the Sound Bar, albeit receive only (I presume?). Your site is the only one showing the Bar mounted & connected. Does look good. We're trying to get a light weight TV as it's going in the caravan, & we'll have two dogs in the car etc. So mindful of juggling loads and bit & pieces.

Keith Manaton

Free Member
Mar 19, 2018
Funster No
A pair of these work well connected to the Line In of my Peugeot Radio:

Amazon product ASIN B076LCN5WC
Pretty much zero lag.

I agree the Avtex TVs are way overpriced for the technology on offer - no bluetooth - no Freesat guide - poor remote sensitivity - poor viewing angle - poor sound. The average 24 ins Samsung would wipe the floor with the Avtex on picture quality at half the price.

Cheers, I saw those earlier today. Thanks, cheap. Probably worth a pop & try out.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Cheers. Interesting they put Bt in the Sound Bar, albeit receive only (I presume?). Your site is the only one showing the Bar mounted & connected. Does look good. We're trying to get a light weight TV as it's going in the caravan, & we'll have two dogs in the car etc. So mindful of juggling loads and bit & pieces.
https://www.johnlewis.com/bose-soun...VdBbTCh3t9A7wEAQYAiABEgL94_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Much superior sound and has its own battery to take outside with no wires or cables

Plays Dire Straights pretty well too!

Keith Manaton

Free Member
Mar 19, 2018
Funster No
https://www.johnlewis.com/bose-soun...VdBbTCh3t9A7wEAQYAiABEgL94_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Much superior sound and has its own battery to take outside with no wires or cables

Plays Dire Straights pretty well too!

It's already on the consideration combo list! ;)) Thanks. We've got Bowers & Wilkinson on the Mac & in the Kitchen (on Airplay) but all their products weigh a ton!

Box Boy

Free Member
Jul 3, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Globecar Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2010
Bought a budget Cello 16inc. TV. Inlc DVD . Good picture - bad sound. Added a Tesco's 23 watt sound bar with Blue tooth. Works well with digital connection. :) Not so good with earphone socket. :cautious:
Brian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back