Sorry, this one is about Christmas (1 Viewer)

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We are a miserable pair at Christmas as we have no family nearby, and most of our friends have their own families to entertain.
I have wondered about going away in the MH for a few days, not too far, but maybe somewhere with a bit of entertainment. We have to be somewhere where the dog can be walked without going near a road. He turns into a quivering wreck if he sees fast moving cars, and at 31 kilos we cannot carry him.
By not too far, we are near York, if anyone has any ideas.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
If you can find the right place you will enjoy the break from home. We had no family at home the first year that the last of our parents had passed away and, having no Motorhome, took a hotel break. It was lovely and relaxing but not entirely unsociable.
If you don't get any suggestions, try posting again with a new title to the thread that is more specific e.g. "Suggestion wanted for Christmas break not too far from York". It might catch more eyes.
Good luck and Merry Christmas!

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have family local and so usually can't go away for Christmas, but if I could I would like to spend a month or so in Spain. I suppose this doesn't really count as 'near to York' though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I am not a fan of Christmas either, never have been, and our not having kids means we don't have to 'act' as if we like it! We've never been away for Christmas day etc but usually go afterwards, instead we stay at home and have a simple Christmas dinner and then hubby slobs out and snoozes most of the afternoon away whilst I sit and do my jigsaw puzzle with an old film on the TV ... just a nice gentle slobby day, no getting dressed up or visiting, just us relaxing (well, after he's cooked the dinner that is which he enjoys doing ... :rolleyes: ).

The 'trick' we've found is not to get bogged down by it being Christmas ... it's just another day but one where you have 'permission' to snooze if you want and just mostly do as you please, with no chores to do.

When we've gone away afterwards we've 'done' London twice, or just had a few days away locally at the coast which is usually nice and fairly quiet, but good for dog walking and just chilling.

Tilly Derry

Free Member
Sep 23, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Adria coral 660sl
Exp
We arn't christmas people either so this year are wanting to go somewhere in Scotland but would like some entertainment if anyone knows of anywhere. Is that to far for you from York ??

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We arn't christmas people either so this year are wanting to go somewhere in Scotland but would like some entertainment if anyone knows of anywhere. Is that to far for you from York ??

Going North would be a good idea, as Twinkle (MH) only knows the journey to the Channel Tunnel. I will have a trawl on the computer to see what I can find.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
What about station inn up at ribbelhead viaduct for Xmas and new year
They usually have some thing on and are definitely dog friendly
Weather permitting

Nov 4, 2014
blackpool
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Hi we and are family 6 adults have booked in MEATHORP FELL CARAVAN PARK. XMAS day lunch in woodlands htl buffet at night . Next day dinner. Lots of walks in the lakes .and all so look in at the pubs. My treat our Xmas presents to them .and no Washing up :party2::Grin:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back