Sorry! Ramps

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by Stacetop, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Stacetop

Stacetop Funster

Sorry to ask this question but after advise on levelling ramps!

We currently have fiamma magnum ones I think but often they don't raise us enough. I am after a higher set but confused as what to get!

The milenco quatro s are just so huge I don't really fancy carrying them, also I sometimes use our slope style ones to level differently on each side is this possible with step style ones?

Any advice welcome!

2. Phill D

Phill D

we have the milenco triple and no probs leveling at different heights either side. quatros give best height but as you say theyre might big:Eeek:

3. camocam1

camocam1 Read Only Funster

I carry a range f different thicknesses of timber (same width as ramps) to put under the ramp if I need extra height

4. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Millenco Quattros for us. Yes, they're heavy, but Margaret's expert at getting them into position now:thumb:

Bill

5. xjrchris

xjrchris Funster

fiamma jumbo for us ( 110mm ) high

6. grumps147

grumps147 Funster

Have just bought these, seem ok but have only used them three times http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thule-Carav...-1&keywords=Thule+Caravan,+motorhome+leveling
    At a show recently a dealer had on offer a lot of used milencos, all were damaged in some way, and that swayed me to try the Thule product.
    I believe in long term personal testing, and my three trips do not really stack up as yet, but they are not as big as Milenco and the bag they come in is quite strong. The top level gets me higher than my last set, make and model I cannot remember as they started life with a caravan (at least 10 years) and lasted 3 years on the MH before cracking, not bad for a plastic based product in my eyes.

7. camocam1

camocam1 Read Only Funster

Anyone use the clamp things ( cant remember the name) but you seem to put them round your tyre/wheel then crank them up sure I read they can do up to 3.5 ton

8. gibbon

gibbon Read Only Funster

We have a set of Thule ramps like the ones in the amazon link & have found them to be ok so far:thumb:

9. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Seen em in use at the last show, they looked effective, seems as though most of the dealers were discounting them to clear them out at around £50 a pair Why? are they not as good as they seem:RollEyes:
    Think it was Ga8ysn who had them:thumb:

10. motorhomer

motorhomer Read Only Funster

Having had problems with both Thules breaking - after less than a year - we bought milenco triples . The quads looked just too big and heavy to carry about.

So far so good!

11. Nirvanauk

Nirvanauk Funster

After breaking the triples we now have the quads but only go up to level 3. They are big especially in our PVC but they just lay in their bag on the floor while travelling and when we stop we put them under the van if not needed.

12. Gooney

Gooney Funster

I used Thules for 2 years with no problems, come in a nice sturdy bag for storage:thumb:

13. HymerB544

HymerB544 Funster

Ramps

We switched from Fiamma, which never got the front end high enough on anything but gentle slopes - to Milenco Quattro. Yes they are big but they are very good.

Gary

14. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

Our Fiamma Jumbo Level Ups snapped in half.
    We now have the Milenco Quattros and although they are big, they work.

You can offset them, with a little practice, so that you can achieve side to side levelling at the same time. ie put one slightly forward of the other by one level, or two if necessary, and drive on like that. It works for us.