Sorry me again but what do you think off this (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Looks a bargain, perhaps too much of one. Go and see it, and if you like it do a check on it to check it hasn't been stolen or written off, and make sure the seller has all the paperwork. Don't pay in advance apart from a small deposit if necessary.:thumb:

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Looks a bargain, perhaps too much of one. Go and see it, and if you like it do a check on it to check it hasn't been stolen or written off, and make sure the seller has all the paperwork. Don't pay in advance apart from a small deposit if necessary.:thumb:

I would view the claimed mpg with some scepticism. :whatthe:

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
It looks good to me, but as others have said, check it out thoughly, do not part with money until you are completely sure every thing is legal and above board, good luck .

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
36 to 38 mpg seems a bit optimistic for a 2ltr petrol engine pulling that weight.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
driven carefully you'll get 24 mpg deisel is more expensive than petrol so its not as bad as it sounds . we had a rambler before same base and we loved it, to me it seems a reasonable price but it all depends on condition i know its a pain but you really cant buy a van from adverts you have to go and see a few we looked at 20 before we bought one, now is the time to buy as people decide their not keeping them through the winter
power steering is a plus on these older vans but its not essential we lived without it for 3 years you just learn to drive properly and only turn the wheel when its moving

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
just read the advert again my main worry would be what is that ally sheeting round the bottom hiding ?vans rot from the bottom up when water gets into the framework

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Seller says he paid £6,995 for it just 5 months ago and has replaced plugs, leads, points, distributor, carburettor, battery, filter, oil and fuel filter. Why is he willing to let it go for £5,000? A 1995 model in good condition is worth far more than £5,000.

I would be very suspicious of a 'van that's been owned for such a short time and is now being sold for £2,000 less than he bought it for.

OP
OP
Hudders1

Hudders1

Free Member
Sep 14, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford transit
Exp
I'm a newbie
been in contact with the seller and going to look at it on sunday so hopefully its ok but I will keep looking. thanks guys for helping

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just read the advert again my main worry would be what is that ally sheeting round the bottom hiding ?vans rot from the bottom up when water gets into the framework

My thoughts exactly.......

its covering something up !!!!!!

and 36/38mpg......:ROFLMAO:

nearer to 25 if your lucky.

why were all the engine parts changed.....you dont fit a 'new' distributor and carburettor for the fun of it.

in my opinion.....avoid like the plague

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
been in contact with the seller and going to look at it on sunday so hopefully its ok but I will keep looking. thanks guys for helping
One thing you can do is don't meet anywhere other than were the MH's is registered. Don't fall for ANY excuses.
Good luck hope its a good un :thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
too much of a story to be genuine if you know what i mean. it has had expensive work done and selling at 25% discount from what they paid a few months back. plus if its that good why the suggestion that its been advertised before and not sold. personally i think its got a few lies and half truths in there. buyer beware as they say

the ally sheeting round the bottom is covering damage or rot and will get worse not better like that. fixing it wont be cheap

if youre really keen still take a damp meter with you and check round all doors openings joints corners and the floor. a cheap digital damp meter in Aldi this week for £12. not as good as a pro meter but will show bad damp. look underneath and particularly behind the skirt. parts for these old vans are getting harder to find, but its possible to get most things with searching a bit. oh and check drivers seat for wear and worn pedal rubbers indicating high miles

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Mark, I personally would not bother, as already said the sheeting is covering things up:Eeek:If you decide not to go make sure you phone the guy so that he's not waiting in for you :Smile:Think more on 20 mpg if you drive really carefully and a lot less if driving into the wind :Eeek:
Have a look on autotrader etc thereare a couple of nice looking Hymers and Deflefs under 6k - these will always hold value well
Terry

OP
OP
Hudders1

Hudders1

Free Member
Sep 14, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford transit
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Mark, I personally would not bother, as already said the sheeting is covering things up:Eeek:If you decide not to go make sure you phone the guy so that he's not waiting in for you :Smile:Think more on 20 mpg if you drive really carefully and a lot less if driving into the wind :Eeek:
Have a look on autotrader etc thereare a couple of nice looking Hymers and Deflefs under 6k - these will always hold value well
Terry

Hi terry thanks your right not bother with it. back to the drawing bored

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
terry :winky:::bigsmile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed

Thats just a few to look at ::bigsmile: there are lots that are auction type listings that will go for less money--just no way of knowing how much they will end up selling for -but you get the drift :thumb: lots out there if you spot any that take your fancy post on here and ask ::bigsmile: I have not looked closely at any of the links just did a quick 15 mins scan
terry

OP
OP
Hudders1

Hudders1

Free Member
Sep 14, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford transit
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi i like the look at this one Link Removed

What do you think?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I quite like Travelhomes :thumb:--- only thing to look out for is welding under transit base rear axle mounts etc , normal tranny underside rot -----should be no problem to a welder ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: engines unbustable return 27 ish mpg :thumb:
Terry

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Welding no problem as I'm a fabricator welder

Hi Mark I remember ::bigsmile: but still check rear axle mounts ---really bad to getto weld them --Ihad to take rear end units out for a mate so he could cut a big hole in floor, weld monts etc then weld floor back in place :Eeek:::bigsmile:
As with all MHs needs checking what works and for damp :winky:

terry

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi i like the look at this one Link Removed

What do you think?

as far as i can tell that looks a scam to me. when i call up " contact seller" it comes up with a screen with old data of mine on and that has only happened in the past on false / scam adverts on ebay.

i could be wrong and probably am, but please take care:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hudders1

Hudders1

Free Member
Sep 14, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford transit
Exp
I'm a newbie
as far as i can tell that looks a scam to me. when i call up " contact seller" it comes up with a screen with old data of mine on and that has only happened in the past on false / scam adverts on ebay.

i could be wrong and probably am, but please take care:thumb:

Hi thanks just been to see it and I would say in not to bad a nick going to look at another tomorrow

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed

Thats just a few to look at ::bigsmile: there are lots that are auction type listings that will go for less money--just no way of knowing how much they will end up selling for -but you get the drift :thumb: lots out there if you spot any that take your fancy post on here and ask ::bigsmile: I have not looked closely at any of the links just did a quick 15 mins scan
terry

There's a few on here that would suit Frankie, particularly the 4th one down.

OP
OP
Hudders1

Hudders1

Free Member
Sep 14, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford transit
Exp
I'm a newbie
hi me again. been to see thishttp://go.redirectingat.com/?id=39458X1019302&site=motorhomefun.co.uk&xs=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fitm%2FG-REG-FORD-TRANSIT-AUTOHOMES-TRAVELHOME-2-5-Di-4-BERTH-MOTORHOME-PX-OR-SWOP-%2F221275193352%3Fpt%3DUK_Campers_Caravans_Motorhomes%26hash%3Ditem3385078008&xguid=c6b48c36b1764373598ecd6c1401b3f6&xcreo=0&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.motorhomefun.co.uk%2Fmotorhome-chat%2F71913-sorry-me-again-but-what-do-you-think-off-3.html&pref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.motorhomefun.co.uk%2Fmotorhome-chat%2F71913-sorry-me-again-but-what-do-you-think-off-2.html and happy with it but one question it as lap belts in the back but not full seat belts can these be changed?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back