Sorry but I have to rant... (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Waiting at service point in a French campsite...

Man, British, caravanner, pushing hosepipe INTO the pile of shite and pi55 blocking the service point drain

Me "you do know that hose is for filling the fresh water tanks on motorhomes?"

B'stard: "yeah but there was no other way to wash that lot away, and I don't have a motorhome!"

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
B'stard: "yeah but there was no other way to wash that lot away, and I don't have a motorhome!"
Sounds like he doesn't drink, wash or flush the toilet either.
Even a tugger or tenter needs fresh clean water.
Beats my why some fresh water taps are so close to elsan points anyway.....I blame the campsite.
Last site I was on the fresh supply was at the opposite end of the ablutions block to the Elson point.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sidney
Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Sounds like he doesn't drink, wash or flush the toilet either.
Even a tugger or tenter needs fresh clean water.
Beats my why fresh water taps are so close to elsan points anyway.....I blame the campsite.
The tap/hosepipe was ten feet away. He had to unroll it to achieve his dirty deed

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If it was a campsite surely it's up to the staff to unblock drains , mind you , they would probably only do the same:(

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Typical thick tugger

I doubt you could be more wrong, this is not typical of tuggers and tuggers as a group are not typically thick. I was a tugger for many years before I had a motorhome, I suspect many on here were too before they had motorhomes and would not have dreamed of doing such a thing. I have seem motorhomers do similar things in this country and abroad. There are dirty inconsiderate, stupid buggers who use caravans and motorhomes and its not right to label one group as "Typically thick"

Last edited:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Oh well that is the way to make friends. I think I might have given him a quick nudge into it..

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
On a site in France,Fresh water and waste water taps about a yard apart,at the far end of a grassed area about 15' x30'. Where "M/Homers?" had driven in,and filled their water tanks,and given the cabs a Wash,followed by C/vanners(And some Mh's who use Aqua Rolls) and their cassettes. These cutting up the area,till it resembled a quagmire.
The last person to use either of the taps,did not roll it back onto its bracket,so each pipe end fell into this mess.
Bad design ? Yes, but the twice we had been before,it was allways spotless and the site would be full.

Typical thick tugger

You could have got a Table spoon,from your m/home,got down on your knees and cleared it or him,i fear you have now branded all M/homers as.......unhelpfull? LOL
Tea Bag

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The tap/hosepipe was ten feet away. He had to unroll it to achieve his dirty deed
Does sound then that , that was the hose for the dump, else why did it have a hose that reached it.
Just saying:imoutahere:

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
Moral of the story - don't use Campsites in France but use Aires - you meet a better class of B'stard!

:france::france::france:

hose 1.jpg

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
:mm:Sadly I see it all too often here and abroad. Can't pick out any type of vehicle or nationality. Seen them all! Biggest row when I once mentioned it was with a Dutch woman who swore really well in English. That's education for you!
Cheers
Bernie

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I saw lots of selfish behaviour by caravaners, motorhomers and tenters. The last site a caravaner had put up a huge awning (only 2 of them) then put his awning carpet outside his awning! So he was taking a huge space. This meant that the pitches around him had a hard job getting their cars out. Couldn't believe it! Another site a tent pitched over 3 pitches! and tried to hide the water point and the last one a motorhome parked then put his car and trailer across two pitches. Now all of these could have been sorted out by the campsite but nothing was said. We took great pains not to take up more than our allocated space and be considerate.

Never use the hosepipe attached all ways unscrew!

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Sounds like he is as thick as the sh-t he was trying to move:eek:

Muddibootz

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 1994
I saw lots of selfish behaviour by caravaners, motorhomers and tenters. The last site a caravaner had put up a huge awning (only 2 of them) then put his awning carpet outside his awning! So he was taking a huge space. This meant that the pitches around him had a hard job getting their cars out. Couldn't believe it! Another site a tent pitched over 3 pitches! and tried to hide the water point and the last one a motorhome parked then put his car and trailer across two pitches. Now all of these could have been sorted out by the campsite but nothing was said. We took great pains not to take up more than our allocated space and be considerate.

It's a pity that these type of sites don't employ wardens that tell people exactly how to pitch to avoid these type of issues :D

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
All of this is why I never use the campsite or Aire's hose. Always take off, thoroughly disinfect the tap (spray and antiseptic wipe), use my own hose and then put back the old one again when finished. May take a minute longer, but well worth it.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

Never use the hosepipe attached all ways unscrew!

It's a pity that these type of sites don't employ wardens that tell people exactly how to pitch to avoid these type of issues :D

Must have been Norman's day off :whistle:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We have been on hundreds of sites and Aires and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest, seen it all happen and that is why we only fill up with water where there is a seperate tap well away from the emptying, we can go for almost a week without filling, and move on most days, so it's no big deal to fill up when we see a supposedly clean tap, but even then we use our own hose on a disinfected tap, no probs.
I am afraid you have to accept it, because you know it happens, and some mhomers never even think about it, my son, (gets his tightness form me) even deliberately fills up at the emptying if there is a charge for drinking water, as do most French, and he's come to no harm yet.(y):)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Typical thick tugger
Isn't it funny, I read that in a completely different way to some others! I read it as it was typical (of a) tugger who is thick, not that all tuggers are typically thick! :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back