Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Hi

This may have been covered before...

I understand that from 16 Dec 13, if you SORN a vehicle it is a one off notification to DVLA.::bigsmile:

However, if a SORN was in place on 16 Dec, do I still need to tell them when my SORN expires in July? Or is it already valid forever?:thumb:

THanks

Billkce

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
its the same as tax you have to notify them every year & they will send you a reminder every year.
All you do is choose to sorn it or tax it providing you have mot

:thumb:

OP
OP
billkce
Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
its the same as tax you have to notify them every year & they will send you a reminder every year.

My understanding is that on 16 Dec 13, the rules for SORN changed.

If you SORN a vehicle after that date it is SORN for ever, until you want to re-tax it. It is to save money with re-notification as with the changes to Tax discs from November 14.

My question is: if the vehicle was SORN on 16 Dec 13, do I have to SORN it one last time or is it already SORN for ever.

Ta

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Ive just looked & can not see that info anywhere on the form & the form looks the same as ive been using for the last 5 years.

I sold my Cosworth in August so I wont be re-applying for anymore sorns for a while ::bigsmile:

if i come accross anything I will update you.

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

Ive just looked & can not see that info anywhere on the form & the form looks the same as ive been using for the last 5 years.

I sold my Cosworth in August so I wont be re-applying for anymore sorns for a while ::bigsmile:

if i come accross anything I will update you.

Billkce is correct.....but whether it is only on new Sorn declarations FROM dec 2013 is anyones guess.

See 《《HERE》》 second paragraph.

Last edited:

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Indeed this is a cost-cutting exercise by the DVLA.

I was asked the same question posed by the OP only a couple of days ago. Someone had been attempting to declare SORN online but had been unable to do so. The considered opinion was that once the rules changed last December those that were current then remain current until a change of status (retax/sold/scrapped etc).

But it is an opinon.

Steve

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,

So with the Tax Disc 'disappearing' in October how many folk will send off a SORN immediately before they leave these shores for the winter and reapply for a new Licence just before they land back in Blighty.:winky:

Mr Plod a la Francais won't know that you haven't got one, and neither will those very nice "Civil Guardians" of the Spanish roads.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Greetings,

So with the Tax Disc 'disappearing' in October how many folk will send off a SORN immediately before they leave these shores for the winter and reapply for a new Licence just before they land back in Blighty.:winky:

Mr Plod a la Francais won't know that you haven't got one, and neither will those very nice "Civil Guardians" of the Spanish roads.
Dream on:RollEyes:
Cross boarder data sharing is already up and running:Doh:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
the ruling applies to all vehicles that are already declared SORN, as I found out when I phoned to enquire why I had not received a reminder.

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I have found evididance of this new notification from web sites but none of them are DVLA sourced...............

Therefore I beleive its a time tested thing to try & see.......

I would suggest that its something we keep an eye on & update asap ie when the sorn arrives to confirm this until otherwise found on a DVLA or GOVT website.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back