Sophie's 18th Birthday Bash, Malvern (1 Viewer)

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
As some of you may know Sophie will be 18 the following week so we decided to throw her a party, with the people she has the most fun with. Sue is too proud to ask for help, but any help anyone can offer will be appreciated.

OP
OP
lugnutt

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
As some of you may know it's Sophie's 18th birthday the following weekend so we wanted to do a bit of a do for her, Sue is currently having a meltdown as she doesn't know where the shops are for food and drink for it, She cant bring it on Thursday as it wont keep for the weekend and Sue wont push herself to ask for help, So i was wondering if anyone would be open to giving some help? As want everyone to have a good time and celebrate with us, Sophie is only 18 once and we would like it if she could celebrate with Motorhome Fun.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
That's brilliant Dave, let's give Sophie a party to remember, I have seen on your SOS thread that @Jim has said that Friday night is the night that is best for you to have the Marque so Friday night I take it that it is.

Lots of us Funsters have seen Sophie growing up over the last 7 years at various fun meets and what a lovely young lady she is. Tell Sue not to go into melt down there are plenty who will be willing to help. How about having an American Buffet type of thing on Friday for the party that way Sue won't have as much to worry about I am sure lots of us will chip in with savoury and sweet things. I will make a lemon cake.

Let's Party :party2:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
No problem, if there is no car available, there is a free bus service from right out side the Funster field into Malvern. I cannot remember which supermarket is in Malvern but it is one of the big ones, Sainsburys I think.

I would be happy to go in on the bus armed with a shopping list with someone to help carry.

There is no problem here, only a solution.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Dave, that's a great idea from Carol, an American Buffet or Jacobs Table is the way to go. It will take all of the hassle of the occasion away from Sue. Don't forget it is an occasion that Sue and yourself will want to enjoy as well. Pam and I will be marshaling at Malvern and will do all we can to help. Please don't be frightened to ask.
Brisey.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Dave/Sue
American supper is a great idea sure everyone will be happy to join in with that (y) as I said on your original thread you all want to enjoy the party without stress , there are sooooo many people at Malvern would be a mammoth task for you to try to cater for them, keep us all posted on what's needed
Sue & Eric x

OP
OP
lugnutt

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
Thank you all so much a
That's brilliant Dave, let's give Sophie a party to remember, I have seen on your SOS thread that @Jim has said that Friday night is the night that is best for you to have the Marque so Friday night I take it that it is.

Lots of us Funsters have seen Sophie growing up over the last 7 years at various fun meets and what a lovely young lady she is. Tell Sue not to go into melt down there are plenty who will be willing to help. How about having an American Buffet type of thing on Friday for the party that way Sue won't have as much to worry about I am sure lots of us will chip in with savoury and sweet things. I will make a lemon cake.

Let's Party :party2:
That sounds like a good idea we will go with that so thankyou so much everyone it's much appreciated,we will also be bringing drinks ,until they run out.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Do you want me to send over some Man City winning the Premier League (twice) and the two Cups videos to play on a big screen during the evening?

(One includes Everton drawing 4-4 at the Swamp.)

JJ :cool:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We are happy to help out, we will bring food and a bottle 0f bubbly. What are Sophie's favourite colours? I'm a dab hand at balloons, would you like me to decorate the tent a bit?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
No problem, if there is no car available, there is a free bus service from right out side the Funster field into Malvern. I cannot remember which supermarket is in Malvern but it is one of the big ones, Sainsburys I think.

I would be happy to go in on the bus armed with a shopping list with someone to help carry.

There is no problem here, only a solution.
Last year, Gail had a sainsburys delivery to the van...

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We are happy to help out, we will bring food and a bottle 0f bubbly. What are Sophie's favourite colours? I'm a dab hand at balloons, would you like me to decorate the tent a bit?

Terry and Jan

Free Member
Feb 25, 2014
Saltash,Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Greetings all, there is a Morrisons and Lidles in Malvern link, a coop in Barnards Green which is about 5 miles from the 3 counties show ground. In Great Malvern is a Waitrose. I have a phone no for a local Taxi if required.

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
hi dave watch out for the cowboys in Malvern, see if you could tap into the barrels of beer in the halls then we would not run out,lol still lol ray

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
:) Sophie is going to have a great party :) love you all Funster family. :) Dave & Sue you can relax now and enjoy the planning and buildup to a fantastic Party for her . Kate x :)

OP
OP
lugnutt

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
That would be great, Sophie's faveourite colour is baby blue and baby pink. Thank you so much.

OP
OP
lugnutt

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
now there is good reason to go. as I have said Dave I will bring some beer. is there any thing special you need.
There's no specific beer that we need just bring what you want(y)(y)(y) Also does anyone southern fried chicken? we'll bring the chicken we just don't know how to make it.

OP
OP
lugnutt

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
Hi Dave, Sandra says she will make a couple of large trifles. Just tell everyone to bring their own plates.
Dave & Sandra.
That's great thank you, we are bringing loads of paper plates easier to throw away. Thank you all so much for the help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back