LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
A lot depends on whether you are LEZ compliant. Can be very expensive otherwise. Check the TfL site if you're not sure. Think it's about £200 if you make a mistake!

Joe

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
One just out side the LEZ. Zone is Apps Court Farm, a handy cycle ride from Hampton Court Station.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
The Caravan Club is our "go to" supplier for London. Abbey Woods has good rail connections to Waterloo.London Bridge etc and is a very "rural" site surrounded by high security fencing. Crystal Palace has a good bus link to Victoria and rail links via Clapham Junction and has good views over the park from some pitches.

To save crossing the Thames, we sometimes use Commons Wood at Welwyn Garden City/Hatfield, which is semi-rural, flat with trees. It has a nearby busstop then rail to King's Cross OR a bus direct to Victoria (stopping at Swiss Cottage, I think).

We have used Lea Valley once but that was "old", with flat, featureless grass. A bus journey takes you to a train station (can't remember which one) and there you are on the local network.

Not surprisingly, there are not a range of options - Gordon

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Just raised this thread because it was @Carol who first made me aware of Apps Court Farm and now today I'm enjoying my first full day there. Gonna get the bikes out first and cycle to Hampton Court, or take the coach trip to Windsor. Decisions decisions......... Griff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back