Somewhere to go over the Jubilee week? (1 Viewer)

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Hi All

I trying to find somewhere to go over the jubilee week as SWMBO and youngest daughter are going to be in Bavaria.

Idealy I would like to be on the Norfolk/Suffolk coast with hookup and a pub/shop nearby.

I've been looking but many places won't accept single males?:Angry:

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Ta muchly

Derek

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi All

I trying to find somewhere to go over the jubilee week as SWMBO and youngest daughter are going to be in Bavaria.

Idealy I would like to be on the Norfolk/Suffolk coast with hookup and a pub/shop nearby.

Ta muchly

Derek

There are two rallies happening at that time:thumb:

OP
OP
acting_strange
May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
There are two rallies happening at that time:thumb:

Thanks Jim...

Its not having hookup etc that scares the willies out of me TBO....not sure Im ready yet...but defo worth thinking about...:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks Jim...

Its not having hookup etc that scares the willies out of me TBO....not sure Im ready yet...but defo worth thinking about...:thumb:

Hook ups are becoming less and less important.

Please don't let the lack of a hook up put you off. We have some big rallies lasting 5 or more days and its rare that people run out of power and when if they do there is always someone who will loan a genny:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Its not having hookup etc that scares the willies out of me TBO.

It's highly unlikely that you will die and if you do you won't be bothered.

You might not last a full week but drive home or drive to charge up ( provided your van is wired normally with a relay that charges the hab battery. Most do ).

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Derek

Never heard that before. I've been on several sites whilst working in the van, never had a problem.

Grommet and JJ never mention this, though JJ is too tight to frequent sites.

Anyway you appear to be married.

OP
OP
acting_strange
May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Never heard that before. I've been on several sites whilst working in the van, never had a problem.

Grommet and JJ never mention this, though JJ is too tight to frequent sites.

SWMBO keeps telling me I am...although I do occaisionally remind her that I never actually asked....but that's usually only when I'm at least 50 ft+ away:Eeek: (she cant quite throw as far nowadays)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Hi All

Ta muchly

Derek
Hi Derek, The Vulcan Arms at Sizewell in Suffolk is a CL with hook-up around £11 a night (http://vulcanarms.freehostia.com/) Great food great Friday night entertainment and right on the beach with Aldeburgh within walking distance. If that is full then the Cakes and Ale a larger site with all facilities is just outside but has its own bar etc. great area. Or it's sister site at Woodbridge The moon and Sixpence, again with all facilities.:thumb:
All are ok with single males.....

OP
OP
acting_strange
May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Hi Derek, The Vulcan Arms at Sizewell in Suffolk is a CL with hook-up around £11 a night (http://vulcanarms.freehostia.com/) Great food great Friday night entertainment and right on the beach with Aldeburgh within walking distance. If that is full then the Cakes and Ale a larger site with all facilities is just outside but has its own bar etc. great area. Or it's sister site at Woodbridge The moon and Sixpence, again with all facilities.:thumb:
All are ok with single males.....

Brilliant thanks mate....but one quick question...

Just how long do I have to stay before I start glowing in the dark?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi Derek if you wanted to come to Devon I could lend you a solar panel to keep you charged for the length of your stay. By next weekend I should be a Fun certified site hopefully

OP
OP
acting_strange
May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Hi Derek if you wanted to come to Devon I could lend you a solar panel to keep you charged for the length of your stay. By next weekend I should be a Fun certified site hopefully

Thats really kind of you Roger.....thank you:thumb:

I think I'm going to the Alnwick meet way up north though....

Good luck with the Certified site Biz...

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

Grommet and JJ never mention this, though [HI]JJ is too tight to frequent sites[/HI].

As the saying goes... "I wouldn't want to pay to stay on the sort of site that would let me on it anyway..."

JJ :Cool:

Road Burner

Free Member
Apr 24, 2008
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
Coach Built low
Exp
SINCE 2008
somewhere to go Jubilee weekend

If you are into Counttry music. Check out KL music festival Norfolk showground. Loads of Motorhomes and Caravans decend for this event . Its £70.00 for all week end from Thurs to Monday and £15.00 extra for EHU. Entertainment all day and evening till 2 AM. Catering vans showers and toilets on site.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Glad you are thinking of joining us at Alnwick. Onto the A1 and 'straight up guv'. I just hope the weather keeps up or I might have to go earlier. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

OP
OP
acting_strange
May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
If you are into Counttry music. Check out KL music festival Norfolk showground. Loads of Motorhomes and Caravans decend for this event . Its £70.00 for all week end from Thurs to Monday and £15.00 extra for EHU. Entertainment all day and evening till 2 AM. Catering vans showers and toilets on site.

Thanks very much for the thought but I would rather burn my ears out with a hot poker than listen to county and western..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Try Floods ferry if you like a pitch by the river and some fishing.

Run by friends of ours and motorhome funsters.

They only have 4 pitches though. Might even see you there

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Thats really kind of you Roger.....thank you:thumb:

I think I'm going to the Alnwick meet way up north though....

Good luck with the Certified site Biz...

seeing as there is ehu at that meet, I do think you should try at least 24hrs without, you will be pleasantly surprised at how civilised it still is, unless of course your tv if you need to watch one is mains only rather than 12/240. Once you find you can live without ehu all the time it will give you so much more freedom in where you can travel and camp/park and even aires if you go over to france.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well I'd say that you'd be better off going on a rally to see how you CAN get on in the first place, then last, without hook up, because you will know for an absolute fact there will be immediate willing help at hand for any stutter or hitch that you might encounter.

If people can't offer technical help, someone will be sure to ply you sympathetically with tea/coffee/beer and practically any kind of cake you might fancy, whilst others are (helping you) solving your problem!

'swot friends are for, innit?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back