Sometimes I am ashamed to be a Motorhomer. (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Having stayed at this site overnight I can say the pros are that it's very quiet and relaxing at night and the sea was beautifully clear and an easy entry to get into for a swim around the big outcrop. The cons are that every Bush is full of rotting sewage. The wind dropped and the smell of urine everywhere became so pungent as the day got hotter, we left.....it's probably not so bad right on the sea front but further back is insanitary :(

Reactions: DBK

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Can someone on here untangle the confusion with regard to the location.

We were at La Higuerica beach, a little south of Aguilas just before Christmas and all in the garden was lovely.
Both brands of police visited every day as did the baker.

I have a memory after we got back of a thread highlighting the Murcia Regional Goverments attempts to ban/stop, curtail wild camping and someone posted that the above beach was OK because the border between Murcia and Andelucia? was further north, close to the town boundary.
I've just been on Google maps and the map contradicts what was put on here.
That map shows the border to be immediately south of the beach at Los Cocedores and if accurate means that Murcia has within it's area, the parking spot at La Carolina as well as La Higuerica.

Which is right, the comment on here or Google maps?

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
As mentioned at the beginning of the post , the enterprising garage owner is building a camper stop at the moment , I guess open in a few weeks.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Yes the garage is already letting motorhomes empty and fill up for a small fee - €1.50. The location of the camping area I pictured is Playa del Arroz. The garage I referred to is Anibal N37°24'14.2" W01°35'4.9". They are currently building their aire and is is very near Playa de la Colonia.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Having stayed at this site overnight I can say the pros are that it's very quiet and relaxing at night and the sea was beautifully clear and an easy entry to get into for a swim around the big outcrop. The cons are that every Bush is full of rotting sewage. The wind dropped and the smell of urine everywhere became so pungent as the day got hotter, we left.....it's probably not so bad right on the sea front but further back is insanitary :(
Having spent 3 nights there during warm weather very recently and walking the dog around the area 3 times a day, I can honestly say I never smelt or saw evidence of cassette emptying, certainly never smelt the urine smell you mention.

If you have been there more recently than I have there must have been a dramatic change, in the last week! :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Having spent 3 nights there during warm weather very recently and walking the dog around the area 3 times a day, I can honestly say I never smelt or saw evidence of cassette emptying, certainly never smelt the urine smell you mention.

If you have been there more recently than I have there must have been a dramatic change, in the last week! :Eeek:
I opened my hab door this morning and was greeted by two dessicated human turds, which I had not noticed lurking under the trees when I parked up!! when we looked around we saw the bushes were actually full of shreds of toilet roll and could see dried up sewage in them. As I said it was fine when the wind was blowing and its probably fine when you are right at the front, but some large vans had bagsied all the front spots so I parked behind the trees/ bushes in the middle. It was actually Mrs CC who said it was to smelly for her to stay, I could have put up with the smell but it was getting rather overpowering. Anyway enjoyed the night and the swim there.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Can someone on here untangle the confusion with regard to the location.

We were at La Higuerica beach, a little south of Aguilas just before Christmas and all in the garden was lovely.
Both brands of police visited every day as did the baker.

I have a memory after we got back of a thread highlighting the Murcia Regional Goverments attempts to ban/stop, curtail wild camping and someone posted that the above beach was OK because the border between Murcia and Andelucia? was further north, close to the town boundary.
I've just been on Google maps and the map contradicts what was put on here.
That map shows the border to be immediately south of the beach at Los Cocedores and if accurate means that Murcia has within it's area, the parking spot at La Carolina as well as La Higuerica.

Which is right, the comment on here or Google maps?
Yes it was me who posted it complete with map link. But having checked , which I should have done at the time as it didn't seem right then, you are correct in that the border is at the southern end of Las Cocedores. Sorry about the error. Which also means when the crackdown comes they will all be affected.

Dee 123

Free Member
Jul 6, 2014
Funster No
Here we are in Spain, privileged to be parked up in a beautiful beach location for free, with the local police forces blessing. What could possibly be wrong - some scumbag has emptied their cassette right on the water line, nearly stepped into it this morning. :madder::madder:

There is an enterprising garage owner just a few K away that lets you empty and fill up for just €1.50 a time. Worse comes to the worse, take a shovel and go into the scrub and bury it, but to leave it right on the waterline, unfortunately too high for it to actually get washed away. The beach was full of kids yesterday being a Sunday, thank goodness they are all back at school today.
View attachment 97034 View attachment 97035

Saw a German woman trying to pour her chemical toilet onto the grid meant for grey waste. EWWW!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dee 123

Free Member
Jul 6, 2014
Funster No
We avoided visiting Roquetta Del Mar (near Almerimar) when we were in Spain as we'd been told that the German MH owners who were wild camping on the sea front were emptying their toilet cassettes into the rain water drains on the side of the road - a health hazard if ever there was one

Germans are the worst offenders and rather not pay for this service. I went to a garage in Nerja, paid 2 euros to dump and get fresh water when a German who decided not to pay shoved me so he could empty his cassette. He did not expect me to shove him back and he never got to empty it completely. :LOL:

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I understand fully what everyone is so cross about and I agree with them and that black water dumping is disgusting but...

...isn't it true that thousands and thousands of people in houses effectively (and unknowingly) dump their black water into the Mediterranean Sea too? I understand that it is one of the most polluted bits of water in the world. The thing is, it gets piped out to sea and no one sees it!

And what about the posh cruise liners?

Do they wait to get back to port until they dump their "stuff"?

I think not...

Just saying like.
JJ :cool:
Boats,even private Yachts are required to have holding tanks for black water,its been maritime law in the med for some time now ,the med does not have much of a tide.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back