Something to look forward to. (1 Viewer)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
On the photos of the van looks really good. (do the shoes come with it)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Oh Gerry, I didn't realise that your mum was poorly, I'm really saddened by your news. If one could choose one's own demise it probably would be following a very short illness, the problem is then only for those left behind.

Onto happier news, great pics of the van, I'd like to think I might get to see it before the rest of the world if you use us as a stop over, you know you would be very welcome.

Griff and Jackie

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Gerry so sorry to hear your mum passed so quickly please accept our condolences , such a shock for you so quick.
Carol & Eddie
Thank you Carol

On the photos of the van looks really good. (do the shoes come with it)

Yes I managed to haggle with them to get a new pair of shoes with the van :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Oh Gerry, I didn't realise that your mum was poorly, I'm really saddened by your news. If one could choose one's own demise it probably would be following a very short illness, the problem is then only for those left behind.

Onto happier news, great pics of the van, I'd like to think I might get to see it before the rest of the world if you use us as a stop over, you know you would be very welcome.

Griff and Jackie
Thank you Griff and Jackie,

I will be in touch with you currently I'm booked to fly out on the 14th to collect van on the 15th, this may change as we find out today when mums funeral is. Thanks again for your kind offer I will probably have my running stuff with me so feel free to join me.

Gerry.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
hi gerry sorry to hear about your loss , i went through the same experience 4 xmas,s ago.
As for your new van , i am somewhat envious of you having received photographs of yours , it looks fanatstic , im watching the emails for notification that mine has arrived at the dealers in Belgium , our plan is to go over there by car , firm up on the extras and leave stuff like bedding before we than head back to pick it up

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Sorry to hear about your mum. A short illness was better than a painfully long dragged out one. For your mum , anyway.

Love your new van! You won't regret going down the PVC route. We haven't . It suits our travel camping style so much better. We aren't into having loads of people in the van on rallies etc. But we can get another couple in easily. We love lounging about and looking out of the Windows, in a gorgeous wild camping spot. Nothing/no one else around. Bliss.
We did joke about eating like pigs over our new year break and putting weight on . If I'm washing up, Ralph can squeeze past me from front to the back of the van, sideways.
Neither of us are overweight though @Anthea M . If we were, we'd struggle..... But you can get round that by one of us moving out if the way. I'd guess if a couple were big , they'd struggle in anything but an Rv anyway.
Plenty storage too. Pvc's arent for everyone.
I'm sure you'll love yours Gerry.

Deleted User
Sorry to hear about your Mum.

With regards to ""downsizing" as Ralph and Bev have said we don't regret going the PVC route at all, its the best thing we have done and our smaller van has made touring so much easier.

Enjoy (y)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Sorry to hear about your Mum, Christmas eh? We lost a good friend to cancer on the 27th. a two year battle which she sadly lost.

Sorry to hear that as well !!! I hate that bastard disease I really do !

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
So sorry for your loss our condolences to you and your familyxxx

Thankyou for posting your pics its a lovely van x

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Sorry to hear your mum lost her short battle, I hope you and your family are bearing up. A relief for her but a shock to those left behind.

However, the van looks lovely. Looking forward to seeing it, yourself and Loraine in real life again.

Take @Popeye up on their offer of an overnight stop, they are a little strange (well he is but Jax is lovely) and their location is superb.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Dodgy Link Removed

Yes do make use of us Gerry, we've cleared up the mess the last lot of Itinerants left, no names no pack drill,

22346.jpg

They seemed pleasant enough at our first meeting and the Hubby proved useful but his missus was heavily into Vodka for breakfast before she rolled her first joint of the day. Typical Newly-weds I think.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011

Yes do make use of us Gerry, we've cleared up the mess the last lot of Itinerants left, no names no pack drill,

22346.jpg

They seemed pleasant enough at our first meeting and the Hubby proved useful but his missus was heavily into Vodka for breakfast before she rolled her first joint of the day. Typical Newly-weds I think.

Don't know what you're taking about, we never make a mess!
image.jpeg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Nice van ... we've got a Globecar FamilyScout L which is great, previously we had an Autocruise Accent PVC which was also great but the Globecar, IMV, is better.

You've gone for the 2 single bed/massive king size bed layout with a half dinette, whereas we've got a double transverse bed but a large 'L' shaped lounge - having had the Autocruise with a half dinette and transverse bed we wanted a bit more room at the front hence the FamilyScout L - I think Possl call it a 4-Family L.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Sorry to hear your mum lost her short battle, I hope you and your family are bearing up. A relief for her but a shock to those left behind.

However, the van looks lovely. Looking forward to seeing it, yourself and Loraine in real life again.

Take @Popeye up on their offer of an overnight stop, they are a little strange (well he is but Jax is lovely) and their location is superb.

Thanks for your kind words Sandra,
Once your back in the UK your more than welcome to visit or at least meet up somewhere so we can here all your stories of your travels. I am a bit weary of Popeye I think he just wants me there to tidy up for him hes also mentioned that he would like to come a 20 mile run while im there.:D:D

Dodgy Link Removed

22346.jpg

Now i have seen the photos of your place i feel more at ease as i was worried it might be a tip :D looks like i should feel at home there.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Nice van ... we've got a Globecar FamilyScout L which is great, previously we had an Autocruise Accent PVC which was also great but the Globecar, IMV, is better.

You've gone for the 2 single bed/massive king size bed layout with a half dinette, whereas we've got a double transverse bed but a large 'L' shaped lounge - having had the Autocruise with a half dinette and transverse bed we wanted a bit more room at the front hence the FamilyScout L - I think Possl call it a 4-Family L.
We did look at the FamilyScout first as this was the same layout in our last van and although we liked it we didn't think we would ever sit on the side seat as we never did in the last van and only being two of us 99% of the time we thought this would suit us best. Only time will tell.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We did look at the FamilyScout first as this was the same layout in our last van and although we liked it we didn't think we would ever sit on the side seat as we never did in the last van and only being two of us 99% of the time we thought this would suit us best. Only time will tell.
We have 3 dogs so the extra lounge space comes in very handy for accommodating them and their beds! :D

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Very nice ,all you have to do now is enjoyyyyyyyyyy(y)
Brian & Jo

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
We down sized from a Bailey 745se and we have not looked back. Ours is the same layout as yours and find it very handy with the two singles and it is nice to sit in the lounge area with the side door open to let the view and fresh air in. Enjoy it and we will look out for you when we return to Scotland in March.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
How did you get a RHD one from there Do other dealers do a new van RHD? I remember Globecar having some non sold UK ones sent back for sale over there, don't know the details about them. Nice vans though, too dear over here.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
How did you get a RHD one from there Do other dealers do a new van RHD? I remember Globecar having some non sold UK ones sent back for sale over there, don't know the details about them. Nice vans though, too dear over here.
Yes we did originally look at the RHD they had sent back as they were a bargain unfortunetly they all sold before we were ready to buy. I'm not sure about other dealers and what they do mine offered me LHD for immediate delivery or I could pay €1200 and wait about four months for a RHD, as you can see we went for the RHD and doing this meant we got the 2016 model for same price.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back