Somerset Pitch 3 Nights £9 & Free BBQ! (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Saw this advertised in Practical Motorhome magazine & thought it might make a cheap break or stop off on way to Devon/Cornwall for Funsters as total of £9 for 3 nights, free BBQ & subsidised bar. Link here http://www.chelstononline.co.uk/chelstons-summer-show
Don't know how good it is as a campsite but nice area near Blackdown Hills, small town of Wellington & lots of shopping in county town of Taunton. We aren't connected in any way to Chelston (never been but not far from us) but if you are thinking of travelling this way it might be worth giving them a call. There is also the obvious fun time to be had looking at motorhomes & accessories for sale but watch out for the salespeople or it might be an expensive weekend after all!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just did a search on here & see that Brit Stops & a few other Funster members have attended these Chelston shows in the past & reviews look good! Ideal for a small Motorhome Fun meet?! Don't ask us to coordinate it though as we probably won't be around then:Sad:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Bump

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
yes, me.. :)
just phoned them a few minutes ago, paid my nine quid and can arrive on the thursday..
do we need to arrange a meet though, we'll know the other funsters by the sticker on the windscreen i guess..(y)

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
I have been to a couple of their events before. Hospitality is good (well they would love to sell you one of their motorhomes - having said that they are not pushy.). Flat grassy field laying well back away from main road with water and somewhere to empty cassette. No toilets or showers on camping field but there are toilets in showroom during opening hours. Camping field is a couple of hundred yards from showroom and leisure shop but they run a shuttle minibus if you can't be doing with walkng that far !

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you Simply (where is the Thank You button now?!) - does sound like it is a genuinely good deal then - just a shame we probably can't go this time... Must be more Funsters out there who could enjoy this?

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We've been too.
They are not pushy either. Great weekend with free entertainment as well as free barbie food
:Smile:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Bump - great value break that some might not have spotted yet.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
sod's law rearing it's ugly head again has meant that i can't be there even though i'd booked and paid for 4 nights stay, totally gutted to be honest, but chelston have let me pass my 'ticket' entitlement (or whatever it's called) onto another funster, so hope the weather has been good down there and that those who go have loads of fun.. :)

hoping to be well enough in time for the ilfracombe meet at the lazy buzzard, can do with some lazing about but of the right kind..

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Did any Funsters go & if so what was it like? Would like to know as it might make a great value Funster meet next year?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back