Somerset Coast Caravan & Motorhome Show 2008 (1 Viewer)

M

mfoobar

Deleted User
Did I miss something here? I turned up to this event as seen on this website only to find.... uhh..... nothing. I got given an A4 sheet of paper with a map and list of half a dozen motorhome and caravan dealers in the area. That was it! What a complete and total waste of a day! The website says:

"In addition to the motorhomes and caravans on show, we will have a tent display area and thousands of leisure related accessories in the 10,000 square metre Arena, at Brean Leisure Park.

The Arena is laid with tarmac and gravel, so no muddy field here !"

Yeah... well I must have been blind, as I couldn't see anything, and no-one I spoke to knew anything about it!

What happened? :swear:

-Matt

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
googled this here Link Removed
is this the right one or another one ?

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Did I miss something here? I turned up to this event as seen on this website only to find.... uhh..... nothing. I got given an A4 sheet of paper with a map and list of half a dozen motorhome and caravan dealers in the area. That was it! What a complete and total waste of a day! The website says:

"In addition to the motorhomes and caravans on show, we will have a tent display area and thousands of leisure related accessories in the 10,000 square metre Arena, at Brean Leisure Park.

The Arena is laid with tarmac and gravel, so no muddy field here !"

Yeah... well I must have been blind, as I couldn't see anything, and no-one I spoke to knew anything about it!

What happened? :swear:

-Matt

Hi Matt

Its a shame you didn't register when you read about it and keep tabs on its progress.........a lot can be learned from this thread here :Sad:

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The link to the show goes to UKRVs Motorhome for sale page:Smile:

Link Removed

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Link Removed goes to the show's "official" website :Smile:

U

ukrv

Deleted User
Tee-Hee !! :ROFLMAO:

I have been keeping away from a few forums for some time now - purely to do with this Show (I didnt want to be seen as knocking it just because I had pulled out).

Despite Dicks (moandick) personal attack on me recently (again !! - :Angry: - are you going to do anything about it this time Jim?), I felt it was still worth posting on MHFun.

As you will know, in september last year, I originally approached the owners of Holiday Resort Unity and Brean Leisure Park with an idea for a Motorhome & Caravan Show in the Brean area of Somerset.

I spent a lot of my time to get various dealers on board and approached the Directors once I had their commitment.

The Show was a go !!!! :thumb:

However, over the next two months, the Directors and Nick the "Marketing Director" at HRU and BLP messed me about to the extent that I pulled out of promoting the event.

They had the option of purchasing the website I had paid for and developed over 3 months - but they declined and then went on to copy my source code to promote their own website - with ALL of my copyrighted layouts and wording etc.

They then messed around with the rates for trade space to the extent they were actually charging far more than I was.

They threatened me - by solicitor - that I should remove my website, even though they had coped it. :whatthe:

I wrote back to explain the whole Show idea was mine, the website was paid by me, the hosting paid by me and the content paid by me - and they stopped their bullying !!

Knowing my website was several pages ahead (in Google rankings) of their copied site I chose to re-direct the Show pages to my new website at American RV Motorhome For Sale in the UK (as my RV is for sale and any extra visitors are welcome). ::bigsmile:

I'm pleased that I have been receiving around 50 visits per day to my website from people searching for info on the Show.

On Friday, I went to the Brean area for a job interview and (rubbing my hands) decided to visit the "Somerset Caravan & Motorhome Show" site to see all the preparations.

Well, coming from the motorway there were no signs. :Doh:

Getting to the camping area there were no signs. :Doh:

Approaching the main Show area, there were no signs. :Doh:

Driving into the Arena, there was not a single sign of anyone setting-up for a Show. :Doh:

I have to tell you that I nearly wet myself laughing - it couldn't happen to a better bunch of fools. :ROFLMAO:

Even the websites for the "organisers" has info for 2007 - they couldn't even be bothered to update anything - but are happy to collect a few nights camping revenue.

I do feel sorry for the people who booked into the campground in the hope of a Show. :Sad:

So, it seems the whole thing has been a TOTAL FAILURE.

I should of course be laughing and thinking I am happy to be rid of the whole lot of them............

BUT, the site is so perfect for a Show that I just feel completely let down by the site owners - and I feel they have missed a fantastic opportunity to develop this event.

There is a MASSIVE opportunity for someone (other than the usual show organisers etc) to promote an amazing event at this location.

Oh well - it has certainly saved me a few quid. :thumb:

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

mfoobar

Deleted User
Hi Matt

Its a shame you didn't register when you read about it and keep tabs on its progress.........a lot can be learned from this thread here :Sad:

Link Removed

I did read the thread. It mentioned a dispute about the website, and a my dad is bigger than your dad couple of posts. I was hoping that was just a personal spat between two members, and the show was still going ahead. The website seemed to indicate it was all going ahead :(

-Matt

A

animal

Deleted User
:Sad: Well, it was WET, Windy and Postponed, If you think you wasted a day then I wasted 3 days £50 petrol, 350mls and very uncomfortable in my little camper when I went to look at purchasing an MH. I did go to the 2 decent sales showrooms in the area but It RAINED to much to actually look to buy :Sad:
Maybe somebody will organise a MH show in far Cornwall here so maybe us down here could look to buy closer to home and give the only 2 dealers a bit of competition :ROFLMAO:
Well you never missed much mfoobar, only a few beers :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back