Someone stole my idea (1 Viewer)

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
So I had decided that if I had any minimum rest back to back days in summer at work rather than spend a total 3 hours commuting home and back in rush hour traffic I'll just throw the MH in the staff Carpark and bed down with a good movie and enjoy the extra rest it gives me.

And driving in to work this morning I see this in a rival airlines staff Carpark.

I feel like it's on lol.

IMG_3884.JPG

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Good idea, far better than sitting in traffic queues and save the fuel.
When my daughter was a baby (1973!) we lived in a flat in Leeds and my husband was offered a season's gig in Filey. We bought a caravan ( think we paid £100) only about 12 feet long, No heating, no loo/ shower, gas lights, 2 cooking rings and a grill. Gave up the flat, pitched it on a site that cost £50 for a season and lived in it, 3 of us plus dog, for 4 months. Had a great time and a very healthy baby from all that outdoorsy life and fresh air. Saved all the rent and fuel money towards our new house , that cost us £5000.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I like the graphics on that van. What is it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
It's a Motorhome I think but I don't like it because it's newer than mine.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
So I had decided that if I had any minimum rest back to back days in summer at work rather than spend a total 3 hours commuting home and back in rush hour traffic I'll just throw the MH in the staff Carpark and bed down with a good movie and enjoy the extra rest it gives me.

And driving in to work this morning I see this in a rival airlines staff Carpark.

I feel like it's on lol.

View attachment 141749
Brilliant idea, we did the same thing last April and loving it, renting house out and were 1.2 miles from Angela's workplace.

image.jpeg

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Definitely a Burstner, their graphics are the best to my eye.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Yes its definitely a Burstner, but which is the Aiport?

Im guessing ToyTown - good old LBA

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I really wished I had one when I started in the NHS, as I lived in Dover and worked at East Grinstead, I had to have a flat there in the locum accommodation, which was paid for by me and for 7 days a week. I could have parked in the Rear staff car park, and had EHU for nothing.
That was then, now the next Hospital at Canterbury used to charge staff £1600 plus vat just to park the car.
Luckily that is all over now and I am retired.
That car park is better than a crash pad that other airline staff use for overnight.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I would guess that that driver is parked for work or visiting, not for staying over as he / she is so close to the road. If I were sleeping there, I would look for a space further away from the road.

Ricardoe

Free Member
Apr 11, 2016
West midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer544
Exp
Just started
i work all over the uk. i take mine with me and sleep in it, tow the car to get to work, and its cheaper than a hotel.
plus i have all the comforts of my home with me
sorry almost forgot to comment on the quote :)..great idea, but where do you park? you know how hard it is to park up for the night in the UK..please tell

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Great idea! But how does wife and baby daughter feel about the plan!!?;)

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
sorry almost forgot to comment on the quote :)..great idea, but where do you park? you know how hard it is to park up for the night in the UK..please tell
i normally use the firms carpark, if thats not possible , i look for a site close by,and use the car.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
In 1980, I "mustered out" of the Merchant Navy, and took a post as resident Pressure Vessel Surveyor in Surrey. The first 3 weeks I was in B&B, worse that being a First Year Cadet!. So I put the old Sprite Major Caravan on a site. And lived in it for 3 months whilst we found and "completed" on a House! . Worked fine except for the 3 weeks of snow which was a bit "chilly". (No D-G or underfloor insulation on those old `vans you know!). Fast Forward to 2004 when SWMBO had her First Knee. This time it was different but because of a complicated decision she was referred back to Exeter where her Hip revision was done. This time it was a 32ft R-V with "all mod con". Parked on a (Pub) site near the Hospital and when she was discharged she rode home on the Sofa!. Better than being in an Ambulance!

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
i work all over the uk. i take mine with me and sleep in it, tow the car to get to work, and its cheaper than a hotel.
plus i have all the comforts of my home with me

In America now, there is a large population of contract workers who do exactly that. Most have 5`ers. and use the pick-up truck for work, when the job finishes they move on. A big proportion of camp-grounds make most of their income from this lifestyle. We got quite friendly with one couple, whilst on a Site Near San Antonio, and they move all over the USA, the guy Refurbishes Shops, and was working on a Walmart. Their permanent home is rented out to a family member.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back