Some really basic newbie questions - Chausson Flash 10 (1 Viewer)

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Help much appreciated please -

If using Elsan blue or Thetford liquid in loo, when, how much and how often do you use?
If using the above, can the cassette be emptied down a normal household loo if necessary?
If using bio fluid or those little washing capsules, how often, how much and when?
Chocks and levelling blocks - can you position them when on your own? Makes or recommendations please? Any advice on using?

Thanks very much.

OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Cold motorhome and cold-ish water issues. Whether I use the diesel heater or a small electric one when on mains, the motorhome warms up nicely. However, as soon as I turn them off, the motorhome seems to retain no heat at all and it very quickly gets cold again - any ideas?

Basic Truma boiler - heats up fine but after using hot water for probably less than a minute, I get cold water again, surely this can't be normal?

Any advise gratefully received.

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Try moving to a warmer climate:LOL:

Sounds as if it's poorly insulated or you have a few draughty that need fixing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
As I said before try covering the vent for the grill the air comes straight in might be worth foregoing the microwave to keep warm!!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Quick question regarding the diesel heater and boiler with all the cold weather please:)

Would you/do you leave the heater on when you are not in the motorhome for a few hours to warm it up/keep it warm?

Would you/should you leave the simple Truma boiler switched on to prevent it freezing/dumping water, instead of just turning it on when hot water is required?

Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Help much appreciated please -

If using Elsan blue or Thetford liquid in loo, when, how much and how often do you use?
If using the above, can the cassette be emptied down a normal household loo if necessary?
If using bio fluid or those little washing capsules, how often, how much and when?
Chocks and levelling blocks - can you position them when on your own? Makes or recommendations please? Any advice on using?

Thanks very much.
I thought I would give some feedback now that I've been using the motorhome a lot.
Regarding the above, I use the Percil green washing tabs and they seem to be working well, no nasty smells, everything seems to degrade quite quickly.

Chocks - I bought Millenco quattro's and can drive up onto them on my own - work very well so far, but only used them on hard surfaces.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Quick question regarding the diesel heater and boiler with all the cold weather please:)

Would you/do you leave the heater on when you are not in the motorhome for a few hours to warm it up/keep it warm?

Would you/should you leave the simple Truma boiler switched on to prevent it freezing/dumping water, instead of just turning it on when hot water is required?

Thanks

More feedback - I don't leave the heater on when not inside as I didn't feel comfortable doing so - no other reason. The Truma boiler - quite pleased about this one! I have got the boiler working properly and now have hot water when required. I do leave it on all the time and it no longer dumps water, works for me that way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
If travelling to or through France, is it easier/better to get a Sanef Liber-t automated toll tag, or just to pay cash at each toll?

Drove through France and Spain and would definitely get a toll tag next time - was a real pain having cash, being on the wrong side of the vehicle etc.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Hi

I would be grateful if you are able to give me an idea of how to convert the seating to a lower double bed please. I thought that the table would go low enough but seems the seating is lower than the table! Any advice appreciated.

Still can't make head nor tail of this one - was seriously embarrassed when a friend used the lower bunk and could not get it anything like level - was all lumpy!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Gas It system - so pleased I had this fitted. It lasts ages. I used the motorhome from the 16th to the 30th with no EHU at all, with the boiler on plus the fridge on gas when not driving (10 days) and the level hardly dropped. I topped it up anyway and it cost me about €4!

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Still can't make head nor tail of this one - was seriously embarrassed when a friend used the lower bunk and could not get it anything like level - was all lumpy!
the trick with this is to turn the seat cushions over and to move the base ones with knee rolls (bumps) to behind the head and foot areas

Upvote 0

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
was seriously embarrassed when a friend used the lower bunk and could not get it anything like level - was all lumpy!

Didn't leave another friend in it by mistake did you?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back