Solos- post your current location (1 Viewer)

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
IMG_0199.JPG
IMG_0210.JPG
IMG_0206.JPG
How wrong could I be. This place over the water from Potimao marina is a wild camping site and it's really nice. Still no one to talk too but the views are great the local village is within walking distance even for me and it's a really nice place. I have been talking to some Duch people and they are nice people. No costs but also no water or anything else. It's not a problem for me as I have everything I need in my unit except people. So if you want time on your own this is the place to be. Can you see my rig in the photo?

Attachments

• IMG_0206.JPG
    IMG_0206.JPG
    250.1 KB · Views: 25

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
Arrived at Camping Scarabeo in Sicily. planning to stay in Sicily for the winter.

have a great winter m'dear, it was lovely to meet up with you in the summer when you came over to visit dave and i, hopefully will meet up again next summer too.. :)

i think gary and merv (@flatpackchicken, @middle east driver) are on the island somewhere, maybe you'll bump into them, lovely lads they are, great fun too..(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
IMG_0216.JPG
Still over the water from Portimao on the free wild camping site. Invited to a birthday party Friday night so looks like I will have to stay hear until the weekend then I am off back to Potimao marina for a few days just to see a few people. After that god knows as I don't.

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Moved beck to the marina at Portimao for some jamming music with some friends. It looks like I am staying hear as more jamming happening Sunday night at a local village about 12 miles away.

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Hi
I am traveling in the Algarve since the 15th November, seen very few GB Campervans MH, but many French, German, Dutch.
Where are all the Brits and all the Funsters, mainly the solo travelers.
At the moment I am in Aljezur, moving back south along the west cost and then east along the south cost.
Will be nice to meet.

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
At Portimao marina at the moment but this site is shuttling down from the 8th so moving east on Sunday. It is shut to new people now. No bar, food or toilets on site. I am ok as I have my own

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Hi
I am traveling in the Algarve since the 15th November, seen very few GB Campervans MH, but many French, German, Dutch.
Where are all the Brits and all the Funsters, mainly the solo travelers.
At the moment I am in Aljezur, moving back south along the west cost and then east along the south cost.
Will be nice to meet.

I must have missed you when you came to Portimao if you did.

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Hi DAVE, I only came to the marina to visit (and she guy at reception told me that they don't know if will be close), i stayed at a car parking on the other side of Portimao.
Now near Salema.

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Back at Olhao. Back to the uk for Christmas then in the new year off to Spain.

Tis Me

Free Member
Dec 26, 2016
Tipton
Funster No
MH
2011 Movano Van Convert
Exp
Minehead until Friday then burnham on sea for new year.

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Back in Portugal after the Christmas and new year in the uk. Staying at Olhao for a week or so then off to Spain if the weather is going to be good over there.

Tis Me

Free Member
Dec 26, 2016
Tipton
Funster No
MH
2011 Movano Van Convert
Exp
Finally decided to leave Minehead having spent Christmas & New year there needed a change so drove 270 miles to Dersingham in Norfolk, found a loverly site which must be the cheapest in the U.K. to stay at...so booked a month...Oh happy days....

D

DL42846

Deleted User
View attachment 133119 View attachment 133122 View attachment 133120 How wrong could I be. This place over the water from Potimao marina is a wild camping site and it's really nice. Still no one to talk too but the views are great the local village is within walking distance even for me and it's a really nice place. I have been talking to some Duch people and they are nice people. No costs but also no water or anything else. It's not a problem for me as I have everything I need in my unit except people. So if you want time on your own this is the place to be. Can you see my rig in the photo?

looks a nice place where is it exactly?

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
At home with my feet up. It had been a busy day, we are away for a couple of days this weekend possibly Norfolk or maybe the south coast. Depends on the weather forecast tomorrow.:cool:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
If any of you near Newbury for the Retrofestival please note the following good news ....

RETROFESTIVAL IN NEWBURY ... AUGUST Brilliant Festival.

Hello everyone .. had message for any solos not in solo section ... this looks like a brilliant chance for solos to get together.

Can you please pm @Landy lover if you are interested.

Retrofestival,I believe there is a separate section forsingle travellers which obviously I wouldnot be able to get into. I suspect you haveaccess. If so can you put a post on thereinforming single travellers that if they PMme to advise that they are single travellersand want to come then I can work out asingle traveller price for them.

Tis Me

Free Member
Dec 26, 2016
Tipton
Funster No
MH
2011 Movano Van Convert
Exp
Beautiful in Povoa De Varzim here in Portugal parked south of the marina... Haven't spoken to an English person since leaving the UK...(4 weeks) must be turning into a hermit... Oh happy days

Jul 7, 2016
Powys, UK
Funster No
MH
hymer b584
Exp
Im a newgie
Hi all I'm in player Faro...again! Back to Fuceta tomorrow, it can be a little insular although i have met some lovely people since leaving via Calais in January ....always up for a chat.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I was only wondering the other day what happened to @camperlove , havnt seen her posting for ages! Anyone know where she got to?

OP
OP
camperlove

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
I was only wondering the other day what happened to @camperlove , havnt seen her posting for ages! Anyone know where she got to?
just popped in. :) have been busy learning new skills. My van goes on fri so am in a panic ....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back