Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
VW Gatcombe
Exp
Hi

I’ve just had a fantastic season in ‘Daffy’ and enjoyed every minute of it and cant wait to be able to continue to get out and about in her!

However, I’d really like to meet other single folks who are travelling alone, in the Derbyshire, Cheshire, Staffordshire area for next year. It’d just be great to be able to meet up with like minded folk.

I personally didnt find it that easy turning up at campsites on my own, with everyone else in couples. I didnt feel them all thronging to welcome me, on the contrary, I felt very much that they were doing their own thing (which is fine, and their entitlement), and I was left to my own devices, but it ended up making me feel more alone than ever!

So, it’d be great to hear from anyone out there!

Oonagh

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Oonagh. I am solo and love it. I have my life away from motorhoming and then friends with vans. Can't get away as much as I would like but the meets very often have other happy solos attending them. Please try to come along and I for one will put the kettle on. :Smile:

OP
OP
B

boogie

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
VW Gatcombe
Exp
Hi Oonagh. I am solo and love it. I have my life away from motorhoming and then friends with vans. Can't get away as much as I would like but the meets very often have other happy solos attending them. Please try to come along and I for one will put the kettle on. :Smile:

Oh that is SO kind! thank you!

Where do you live? I’m just outside Macclesfield.

Oonagh

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
not single but if you see motorhome fun sticker on a van come over and ask if its me, you will be most welcome for drink and a chat.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Also a solo traveller. The fun meets are fantastic and you will feel very welcome.

If you see a crappy van with a fun sticker, you are also welcome to bang on the door and have a coffee or a beer :thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Also a solo traveller. The fun meets are fantastic and you will feel very welcome.

If you see a [HI]crappy van with a fun sticker[/HI], you are also welcome to bang on the door and have a coffee or a beer :thumb:

but if it is Black with a finger print on the side it is not Gromett so please don't "bang on it!" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi Oonagh and welcome to the Fun from another solo motorhomer (plus dog). :welcome:

I fulltime and was around the Peak District and Staffordshire for quite a while earlier in the autumn. If you see a somewhat 'blingy' van with a Fun sticker on it, pop over and say hi. There is usually coffee on the go, sometimes with gingernuts! :Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi and welcome to the fun. We have a lot of solo travellers on this site and they all mix very well at tmeets you will no feel left out at a fun meet, well certainly not at one of mine anyway. Do check out the chatroom always good for a laugh and a bit of banter.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Keep away from the riff raff !!!

Keep away from this woman (Think sirens in Greek mythology !:winky:) She is a vegetarian ..:Doh:
All this talk of beer, wine and kettles...pah !!:Doh:
Fizz, my dear girl, fizz !! Let's crack a few bottles !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Oonah, See what you are letting yourself in for?:ROFLMAO:

I am between Liverpool and Manchester, so not too far away, as in fact are many more. Keep posting... you will be surprised how many meets are within range of us. :thumb:

PS When Sue says there are lots of gingernuts she means biscuits ... :winky:

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Ooonagh
And I'm another solo traveller. Live near Lincoln and attend a lot of the rallies and have a real good time. Do come along. You're going to be putting weight on with all the offers of tea/coffee and biscuits. Look forward to meeting you. I am off to the CC site at Castleton at weekend and the weekend after that the Abbey Wood site in London::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back